Bug - Farbor Shield

Started by Greywolf, October 07, 2013, 09:00:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greywolf

I am currently trying to see if i can find a work around to this. I completed Krig, Otrav and Meso and gained the shield keys that were left on those worlds. I can't access the shield network at Farbor though since it states that I still need those keys.

Anyone have a work around or a standard bug report(I couldn't find one here to fill out and post)

Edit: I did notice that the place that I have successfully gotten the key from was the one I completed from start to end after I had to save mid mission (on a different one) and close earlier.

obligatory.persimmon

I am having a similar issue. I beat the three levels and collected the keys. I am still unable to proceed to Farbor though because it says I need the key from Krig in order to proceed. I too had to save in the middle of Krig and then return to finish the fight. I have since restarted Krig from the beginning and played through without leaving in the middle but I am still unable to proceed to Farbor because it won't register that I have that key :( I am going to try erasing all saves on Krig, beating it again from start to finish tomorrow and see if that works. I will update with my findings.

Edit: I don't see an option to delete saves for individual planets. Also, I'm not sure if it's telling me that I need the key from Krig or telling me I need the other two keys. When I fly to Farbor, the word Krig is green in the message that says I can't proceed and the other two (Otrav and Meso) are red. I went back to all three planets and confirmed that I have beaten them and collected the keys. Not sure what to do from here. Any advice would be appreciated.

Cavemaniac

I may have the wrong end of the stick here.

Are you completing all of the missions or just grabbing the keys?

That was one strategy I tried early on, just play far enough to grab all of the keys, then quit out.

But it doesn't work that way - you need to complete all of the maps as well as collect the keys.

Of course, this may not be what you're talking about...
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Greywolf

Cavemaniac

I have completely beaten the levels, went back through and made sure of it on each one.

obligatory.persimmon

Same here. I have collected the keys and completely finished the levels.

Greywolf

A work around is to play through the levels again and complete them. It unlocked for me after that.

Grauniad

I'm sure Virgil would like zipped up save files of the Data sub-folder in the CreeperWorld3 folder in your Documents.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Clean0nion

This is a solution that SHOULD work unless you game is seriously bugged out.

Both of these worlds, Meso and Krig, contain a Warp Inhibitor. If you destroy the Inhibitor, you win the level and that's it. You can continue playing of you want but it doesn't matter.

So - if you collected the key AFTER destroying the Inhibitor, the game thinks you haven't got that key. So you must replay the level and collect the key BEFORE destroying the Inhibitor.

If you have a save on one of the worlds for before the Inhibitor was destroyed, load it up and you needn't replay the whole level again.

Grauniad

Quote from: Clean0nion on October 09, 2013, 12:22:09 PM

Both of these worlds, Meso and Krig, contain a Warp Inhibitor. If you destroy the Inhibitor, you win the level and that's it. You can continue playing of you want but it doesn't matter.

So - if you collected the key AFTER destroying the Inhibitor, the game thinks you haven't got that key. So you must replay the level and collect the key BEFORE destroying the Inhibitor.

If you have a save on one of the worlds for before the Inhibitor was destroyed, load it up and you needn't replay the whole level again.

I believe you misinterpreted the facts. This is not the situation. You will not get a victory screen unless you satisfy all victory requirements. There may be a bug in that, which is why save files demonstrating the issue would be helpful.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Neoshade

I had a similar issue? But then I went back and noticed one last Spore Tower in the corner of Krig... oops

Clean0nion

Quote from: Grauniad on October 09, 2013, 12:29:04 PM
Quote from: Clean0nion on October 09, 2013, 12:22:09 PM

I believe you misinterpreted the facts. This is not the situation. You will not get a victory screen unless you satisfy all victory requirements. There may be a bug in that, which is why save files demonstrating the issue would be helpful.

Well, that solved the issue for me, anyway. Hopefully it can help others.

knucracker

Completed worlds will have a green ring around the world (in the space view).  If it isn't green, it isn't complete.  Victory conditions for worlds require you to pick up shield keys before you get the victory sound and completion dialog.  So it should not be possible to 'complete' a world without picking up a key.  Now, you can pick up a key but not complete the mission... that can happen.  However, the game won't count that key as properly collected until you have completed the mission (destroyed all emitters and other enemies).

When you try to access a shielded planet you will get a list of keys that are required.  Green means you have the key, red means you do not.  Note again that you must have completed the world that contains the key before the game recognizes the key as collected (the planet with the key must have a green halo around it).

I just tested on Meso that if you pick up a key, save, load, then complete the mission... the key gets registered.  The game remembers collected shield keys on a mission in the save game file.  Upon completion the game stores any collected keys in the artifactstats.dat file.  I just ran through it twice on meso to confirm that this part is working fine.

The only bug I've found in the current version of the game is that if a world contains more than one shield key, and is saved and loaded, all but one of the keys will get 'lost'.  But that doesn't affect any of the current missions under discussion.

Marice

I'm not sure you want to bring down the shield for Farbor...that mission kicks my ass

Arf

I can confirm this bug as well. I had to redo Meso to get to Farbor, even though I already completed the mission (The autosave still had an 'after-completion' save as well where I had already won and gotten the shield key). Actually, I have a few other worlds that returned to be being shielded even though I completed the mission. Now, my pc does sometimes crash and that has happened while waiting on the overworld while doing something else (Not at the exact moment I completed a mission or something), so I figured that was the culprit. However it seems others have had this problem as well.

Now I already redid Meso so Farbor is just fine so I can't really show it, but on the Frykt sector something similar still shows to illustrate hopefully (I already completed the story arc, was absolutely addicted btw. Great game!):

Now this is with already completed worlds that had been opened before. As you can see all three worlds have the green completion shield around them (And I finished the story arc), but you can see two worlds still being shielded. When I go to Crosslaw, it tells me I need the key on Mistet even though I completed it (Mistet still has an after-completion autosave as well and all three worlds are showing my time and score that I achieved).

Again, to be fair, my pc has crashed a few times while hanging around on the overworld, which I was assuming was the cause and fair enough if so. It was why I hadn't gone to the forums for it (I mean, I can't really be expecting a game to safeguard itself against a pc crash), but it seems from this topic something similar is happening with other people. I hope this is helpful.

If we could somehow claim victory and re-get the victory gains from an autosave of an already completed mission as a fail-safe, it wouldn't require any kind of effort to unlock them again though, if that makes any sense or is possible (I just play games, no clue how they work ;)).

obligatory.persimmon

I played through the two levels in question (Otrav and Meso) from start to finish and Farbor is now unlocked properly. I have my data file from before in a .zip format but the attach option in the forum is not letting me attach the file. When I press the post button it goes to a "page cannot be displayed" error.