Nice Job, Hard Art & Quagmire Quest - Three map series by UpperKEES

Started by UpperKEES, April 01, 2010, 03:42:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 02, 2010, 11:52:12 AM
Quote from: ontheworld on June 02, 2010, 12:03:14 PM
Quote from: UpperKEES on May 31, 2010, 06:12:49 PM
I wouldn't mind a final between The Netherlands and Germany! :)

me neither, i'm dutch so yeah...

The Netherlands - Brazil: 2 - 1 ;D

I guess the perfect final is getting closer! 8)
Yay, that was a great match. (I'm dutch too)

SPIFFEN

Then i won some money =D To bad i didnt bet more than i did =P

Congratz getting to the Semi final =D
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 23: The Train Driver.

Click the link above to play, or see the fourth post of this topic for more details.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 24: The Astronomer.

Click the link above to play, or see the fourth post of this topic for more details.

F0R

Damn your map series is coming to a close

UpperKEES

Yep, this one is. Next Sunday after the final of the Soccer World Championships between Spain and The Netherlands I will release the last Nice Job: #25.

I have some maps ready for a new series called 'Hard Art', but I'm not sure yet what to do with it because I'd like to spend a little less time on CW in the near future. Maybe I'll just make it a rather short series of about 10 maps.

UpperKEES

I've added a new map, Nice Job 25: The Developer.

UpperKEES

I've added a new map: Bored To Death.

This map is not part of any series and isn't representative for my other maps. It's the exact opposite of my style, so don't let this one scare you off. It's a statement against boring maps; play it and you'll understand. Or even better: don't play it, as I want this to be the map with the longest completion time (without the extensive use of decaying walls). If you dislike boring maps as well, please rate this map with 1 star! *

Title:
Bored To Death
Difficulty:
Expert Only
Creeper type:
Land & Air (but only as time limit)
Remarks:
I recommend this map only if you like very long fights, because it's boring! It features crazonium, high intensity emitters, Thor and a time limit; things I'm not very fond of myself. Don't play it! If you do so anyway, you'll have 7 minutes to prepare yourself....

Please rate this map with 1 star (see intro text why).

Description:
There I am, fallen asleep with my nose on the keyboard. I could actually be dead.

You know why? Because I just downloaded the most boring map ever and so did you. It features crazonium, Thor, many high intensity emitters and a time limit. People who know me a little bit will understand that this is not my kind of map, but some others seem to love it.

I even bought a pink MacBook to find out if I would like the crazonium better when it matched, but to no avail. Soon I will be drooling out of my mouth onto the laptop, so the slobber will start pouring out of the ventilation grilles and the DVD-player as well.

Please rate it with 1 star, because boring maps shouldn't be rated high, even if you are able to finish it or just survive. Don't give stars for the concept or graphics either please! Boring is boring. Comments are welcome of course, just like requests for hints how to survive. I won't give away how to complete it however and I kindly ask you not to do so at the forums either.

Are you able to finish a little faster than me so it won't be the map with the longest completion time ever? I sure hope you won't!

Download page:
Bored To Death
Comments page:
Comment here please
Full size screen shot:

J

Why do you make it when you want others vote 1 star?

UpperKEES

Because this map is a statement against boring maps. ;) See also my response at the comments page.

Karsten75

You were so bored you forgot how to spell "drooling"  :)

UpperKEES

Oh, too bad. I'm used to my spell checker correcting me in Firefox, but it seems there's no Map Editor implementation yet.... ;)

Edit: I just noticed I also spelled 'mounth' instead of 'mouth'. Corrected both in the forum text though. Thanks. :)

Edit 2: I just translated 'drewling' into Dutch with Google Translate and it came up with 'kwijlen', which again is translated back into 'drooling'. Is 'drewling' slang? Or is Google Translate even worse than I already thought?

Blaze

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 15, 2010, 09:40:48 AM
Edit 2: I just translated 'drewling' into Dutch with Google Translate and it came up with 'kwijlen', which again is translated back into 'drooling'. Is 'drewling' slang? Or is Google Translate even worse than I already thought?

Both.  :)

L'ythelle

I don't think drewling is a word in English. It could mean "a baby drew", much the same as a duckling is a baby duck, so you could save it for your next fantasy novel. I wonder what a drew looks like.  ???

If you typed your text into your word processor, could you copy and paste it into the map editor? Then you would have the benefit of spell check.

F0R