Custom Map #7766: lop-eared Bunny!. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, October 06, 2019, 04:15:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #7766: lop-eared Bunny!

Author: yum234
Size: 240x200

Desc:
Traditional CW3 game. #BravoVirgil #GoodLu

Riskbreaker

i'm gonna point out, the ratings on this map is probably due to people getting owned by the spores haha

its still a fun challenge

yum-forum

Quote from: Riskbreaker on October 06, 2019, 08:29:32 AM
i'm gonna point out, the ratings on this map is probably due to people getting owned by the spores haha

Agree. But some of Spore Tower can be "protected" and player have anough time and energy to defend spore waves...
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

marvinitfox

The spores did not bother me at all, but the sheer speed of the initial creep, digi and runner growth was quite scary.

I like/hate the concept of having to put a forward base, knowing full well it will be rendered useless by the runners, just to fetch the nullifier+cannon+sniper.

Once you have a good foothold and positive power, this map is quite easy.

yum-forum

I am sure that it should be many variety of map styles.
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Martin Gronsdal

Quote from: marvinitfox on October 06, 2019, 02:31:53 PM
The spores did not bother me at all, but the sheer speed of the initial creep, digi and runner growth was quite scary.

I like/hate the concept of having to put a forward base, knowing full well it will be rendered useless by the runners, just to fetch the nullifier+cannon+sniper.

Once you have a good foothold and positive power, this map is quite easy.

Hi, I totally agree. And this brings me to a point - while this map was a lot of fun, I prefer those with an Inhibitor. That allows you, once you get an actual foothold, to win a map without all the mopping up (much like was necessary here). The fun part was to beat the spores and set up a base. From there one almost can't lose.

chwooly

Quote from: yum-forum on October 06, 2019, 08:40:53 AM
Quote from: Riskbreaker on October 06, 2019, 08:29:32 AM

Agree. But some of Spore Tower can be "protected" and player have anough time and energy to defend spore waves...

But player doesn't have enough time or energy to get blaster, sniper or nullifier, If you are not totally perfect in the start and get those first thing the map then has to be restarted and restarted and restarted ad nauseam until you get them.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Helper

I've tried a variety of starts with no joy.
If anyone wants to post a screen grab at about the 2-3 minute mark, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
H

zeproga

Quote from: Helper on October 08, 2019, 03:36:32 AM
I've tried a variety of starts with no joy.
If anyone wants to post a screen grab at about the 2-3 minute mark, it would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
H
This Works for me, hope it helps! for there I nullify the top left emiter and start cleaning the creeper there, get a reactor on the power zone and with that i can get enough beams and support them