Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deathsandwich

I was being really cautious...  :-[
Thanks Lord Farin! :D

Colin

Yeah, thanks death for the drawn out explanation, that helps!  ;)
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Katra

333 any/high

Large/high has an 11m surface emitter plus a 15m emitter below one layer of dissolving ground. Small has a surface gateway as well, and the surface emitter on both small and medium is slightly stronger than large. No available crystals and nowhere to dig in on any.

Medium/medium is a tough fight at first, but winnable.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Lord_Farin

Quote from: Katra on August 17, 2011, 12:31:23 AM
333 any/high

Large/high has an 11m surface emitter plus a 15m emitter below one layer of dissolving ground. Small has a surface gateway as well, and the surface emitter on both small and medium is slightly stronger than large. No available crystals and nowhere to dig in on any.

Medium/medium is a tough fight at first, but winnable.
In fact there is this one block of ground making a dig-in possible (Large/High at least):
Spoiler

I got the white gem, then proceeded as follows:

Just building more reactors from there, but make sure you also have two repulsors below your LS (only one remains in screenshot because of DB), from there CBs buy enough time to set up 12+ energy:

I didn't play it through after this. It could be done.
[close]

EDIT: Also, for Medium/High:
Spoiler
Pick the same spot. Leave the white gem, as the 15 health drones coming with it are too strong. It is possible with shields to dig in without picking up any gems. Screenshot to prove it:
[close]
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

jkljkljkljkl

ask flower where any/high

Two surface emitters, nowhere to dig and shelter.

wlf

look farm way any/med & any/high

Brutal

Evil Roc

Quote from: wlf on August 18, 2011, 01:08:07 AM
look farm way any/med & any/high

Brutal

Medium complexity is doable. High I doubt :)

Lord_Farin

The incredibly hard July 5, 2011 L/H has surrendered to me.
At 28:04 game time (!), I was able to get up my DB with enough energy; this can probably be improved upon.

I did it as follows (but I challenge all of you to complete it without looking):
Spoiler
I started by grabbing the white gem. This is difficult, but I hope one understands how I did it by the screenshot:

Then I rushed towards this configuration:

With the two CBs you saw me constructing, I took a bit of the chamber below my position:

It was then a matter of digging further for reactor places, whilst massing CBs to defend my position:

Using 2 simultaneous CBs I was able to nullify the emitter in the chamber, then proceeded with my defence and build-up.
I decided to replace my shields with repulsors after a while (note also I had to double up some repulsors to keep the creeper out (I learned this the tough way... by dying again and again):

This gave me a lot of time to construct 5-6 CBs in reserve:

With those, I took all of the subterranean chamber, and this yielded enough build spots to get to the required energy production:

[close]

Please excuse the comprehensive post, but I had all but one of my save slots filled with these various stages, so I thought I'd put them all up  :)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Kithros

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 19, 2011, 09:52:40 AM
The incredibly hard July 5, 2011 L/H has surrendered to me.
At 28:04 game time (!), I was able to get up my DB with enough energy; this can probably be improved upon.

I did it as follows (but I challenge all of you to complete it without looking):

Well done - but personally if I played through it I suspect I wouldn't have built any repulsors at all, I'm finding that using conversion bombs + shields works much better for stalling normally (ie. send in 1-2 conversion bombs, set them off and build shields as far out as you can with the anti-creeper bubble then build more shields as necessary, and repeat once you have to) - kind of like you did with the bottom chamber, except that I do that constantly everywhere. It takes a fair amount of micromanagement to do well, but it's very energy efficient and works regardless of the creeper density as well as not needing to fully dig in the LS.

Evil Roc

Lord_Farin that was well done! And a nice set of screenshots, very interesting to read and see through your strategy. Keep up the good work :)

creeper killer

do today's code map on large/hard.
Quoteyou will be assimilated into the herd, resistance is futile
(picture's too big :( )
just though I'd let you guys know :)

Colin

Using the abundant amount of crystals, you should be
able to get a dark beam up before the drones break loose.  ;)

As many have said, once you get a dark beam up all
experimental maps are beatable.  :D

To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

Asaline

mpete

sorry
Heaven has been submitted and beat
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

red_elk

bell coat run Large/High
Lots of drones/phantoms
Can't beat it. Need advise from experts :)

Edit: Nevermind, managed to complete it after ~20 attempts :)
Interesting map though.