Is there any way to upload more images at once?

Started by FluroM, October 29, 2018, 04:02:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FluroM

Is there any way to upload more images at once?
Like: I have files Custom5.png ; Custom4.png ; Custom0_128.png and then i load them all at once to map. But how?
I am asking beacause if you have 200 images it will take hours to load them up all.

Karsten75

I don't think the game supports 200 images, does it?

Besides, it's not strictly "uploading" since you are simply transferring the files on your computer from where the image was stored to the slot in the game - should be *much* faster than even the fastest upload.

GoodMorning

No, there is no way to bulk-import custom images to a CW3 map, though they can be bulk-extracted.

If you fill every slot, you can go as far as 326. But nobody has ever needed that many.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

FluroM

I am meaned like a program that will change save file and add to it some images. Or folder from that map will take it to save.

GoodMorning

Karsten75

I've asked Virgil to look at this thread. While there is no current method, given the increase in graphics capability in CW4, maybe there can be a better way.

GoodMorning

I like the idea of the images being stored in an editor folder like the scripts are.

Combined with the CW3 image-extractor, it would make importing images (say, if you wanted to use two templates together) much more straightforward.