[Bug] Can assign Amp Gems to disabled Tech items.

Started by prk, October 14, 2016, 12:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prk

I am playing Inception #4 - Industrial Complex.

In the Tech window, I can allocate an Amp Gem to Begin Benign Emergent, even though there is a small note saying "No Begin Benign Emergent".

If a Tech item is disabled on a mission, the UI should prevent me from allocating an Amp Gem to that item.

miquelfire

The "No Begin Emergent" note is actually telling you that it would be a waste to place an amp gem on that tech. It's not actually locked.

The game SHOULD lock that tech when there's no begin emergent though.

Relli

Optimally this would be taken care of by the mapmaker, who would lock the tech completely if one were useless, or if they simply wanted the player not to use it. I'm not sure to what extent this requires a fix...the Benign Emergent is kind of unique in this regard. Although I guess some others could behave similarly. Say, Land Production Increase when there's 0 land on the board.

Oh, and just so you're aware, it's not Begin Emergent, it's Benign. It's pronounced kinda like "be-nine" and it means that it won't hurt you, that it's friendly.

GoodMorning

The setting cannot be automatic, because PRPL can add land or increase the Emergent rate from 0.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

miquelfire

If it were automatic, it would be automatic for simulacrum maps.

Karsten75

Quote from: Relli on October 14, 2016, 09:28:23 AM

Oh, and just so you're aware, it's not Begin Emergent, it's Benign. It's pronounced kinda like "be-nine" and it means that it won't hurt you, that it's friendly.

"Benign" is also a synonym for "good" :)

Kharnellius

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 14, 2016, 10:37:03 AM
The setting cannot be automatic, because PRPL can add land or increase the Emergent rate from 0.
Then have a setting that automatically re-enables it when benign becomes available?