Impossible Code Maps

Started by Mare, June 16, 2011, 05:25:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mare

Quote from: Lord_Farin on August 09, 2011, 04:14:53 AM
Quote from: TonyP2000 on August 08, 2011, 11:01:33 PM
Well played Lord_Farin, well played indeed...
Thanks. Also, Mare, could you please update the list? We have been working hard  ;)

EDIT: I am almost certain 9511 L/H is possible. However, the timing is so tight I can't finish some shields until the shield before them has 0.5 health left... That IS close. But the key is:
Spoiler
You can get shields up to seal the chamber, then grab the green gem. Careful timing remains required (I even had to plan the LS trajectory meticulously).
[close]
I am so sorry for not updating faster. (Damn my manga;)
When you said you guys worked hard, I looked through the newest pages of the topic and felt really guilty when I saw all the maps and times and requests for me crossing them off. I feel so bad right now...

So instead of being sad, I'm gonna say Thanks for all your hard work for beating the maps and keep up the good gaming!!! Remember to have fun with it and good luck to all!!!

PS: I am so proud and happy that this thread has so many people working together on it. I thought it would be like a 2-page thing but its gotten so many views and replies that I am in pure ecstasy right now!! (Not the drug, I mean happiness) ITS THE NUMBER ONE THREAD IN THE CODE MAPS SECTIONS!!! WOOT!!
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

Fisherck

And ironically, it is mainly veteran CW players beating "impossible" maps. :D
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Mare

Quote from: Fisherck on August 11, 2011, 04:26:38 PM
And ironically, it is mainly veteran CW players beating "impossible" maps. :D

Well, some are very challenging. Unless you have some good skill and techniques then I don't think many newbie players could beat it!!!
Lying is an Art Form, to succeed, some truth most be woven into the fabric of deception -Anonymous
If you want something done then do it yourself, if you can't,then ask someone to do it for you, making sure to compensate later. If you cannot do that, then you're better off doing nothing at all -Me

deathsandwich

QuoteJuly 23, 2011med/high
NO space and 15 health drones soon.
but red and white gems.

Confirmed that 2367 is beatable (posted a score).  :)

Edit: And also that July 23, 2011 med/high is possible!  8) It took me several restarts before I got the timing right. Here is how I did it:

Spoiler

Firstly, grab the two crystals right below the liberation ship. No shields should be necessary for the start of this map.
Next, build plenty of reactors and a blaster directly above the emitter. Dig towards the green crystal and grab it as soon as you can. Also, once you have the silver crystal, build up to six blasters in the chamber below.
As soon as the blaster above the emitter (on the left) begins to charge, dig through to the emitter. When possible, place a nullifier between the blaster and the emitter. This should take it out, but don't run into a deficit.
Once, the emitter is destroyed (or while it is being destroyed) use the other six blasters to start clearing out the creeper below.
When the drones break out, you'll probably need all seven blasters to hold them off, so get them ready. Be sure to get the red crystal and the blue crystal as soon as you can.
As late as is manageable, set up 4 repulsors to hold the creeper off on the right. Eventually, add two more and concentrate on reaching the first red crystal deep underground while you build up reactors.

I found the timing and balance between drones and clearing the left side of creeper pretty tricky. I also was prepared to dig the LS in which turned out not to be necessary, so you shouldn't need to dig a bit on the left side. It might have helped with the speed at which things were built though. Here is what the "safe" situation looked like:

and eventually... (sorry about the deficit below!)

[close]

Edit again:

Just confirmed that Vulcan large/high and Secret no-grav large/high are both possible.

TonyP2000

I really stink at these super hard maps, but the least I can do is suggest maps that may be impossible.  :)

Having said that, someone give for apple tree L/H a look. It has two surface emitters, lots of surface drones. and not that much gems to help you out. Fun times!  ;D
Vote Tony!

moo

snow from for large/high
beaten
check score board at http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld2/viewscores.php

TonyP2000

Someone give August 12, 2011 L/H out. I have a feeling that this can be beaten by a veteran but there does not seem like there is a lot of space. Plus there is not that many gems out for the taking. Enjoy.  :-\
Vote Tony!

Kithros

Quote from: TonyP2000 on August 12, 2011, 10:55:34 PM
Someone give August 12, 2011 L/H out. I have a feeling that this can be beaten by a veteran but there does not seem like there is a lot of space. Plus there is not that many gems out for the taking. Enjoy.  :-\

Yeah it's possible, I of course grabbed the blue gem first, then I just massed shields around me (once the creeper got close enough) while building as many reactors as I could, started digging towards the red gem and technytes that were really far away. Once the creeper started breaking through some of the shields I started building 2 conversion bombs that I set off and rebuilt some shields, which lasted long enough to get my dark beam running. I took reactor efficiency with the technytes in this case since my dark beam was already pretty much finished and the reactor efficiency put me over +12 energy, if one were to actually play through the map it would probably be faster to take -20% unit cost but either way works well enough.

Spoiler
[close]

cclloyd9785

car game time - Large/high

At first I thought it was doable, but didnt realize the surface drones.

Evil Roc

Completed Secret no-grav (Large / High)

EDIT: Had not noticed deathsandwich had already done it :)

Colin

Heh, I was looking for a fun experimental map and I found this one:

In for W Large/High

haven't been able to get a foothold yet, as the phantoms come at 45.
To fight back the Creeper all you need is. . . What? Energy.
My maps CW1 are located here try out my MIS series.

TonyP2000

Someone try out to paper as Large/high

It may or may not be possible...  :-\

This is not a hard map to start out with but a really tough slog fest.

The chamber in the middle of the map with two emitters contains an emitter with a strength of 97.1 mil. Is that possible without experimentals? Plus the limited space to build reactors in the beginning.

All you veterans out there, give it a shot and tell me what you think!
Vote Tony!

cclloyd9785

floor boat hill Large/any

Undiggable terrain in bottom right.

deathsandwich

Quote from: Colin on August 14, 2011, 09:54:42 PM
Heh, I was looking for a fun experimental map and I found this one:

In for W Large/High

haven't been able to get a foothold yet, as the phantoms come at 45.

This one is not too bad. I am not sure if I did it in the simplest way because the timing was pretty tricky. Here is how I did it:

Spoiler

Firstly, I dug down for the two green crystals as I'm sure you did too. To be precise, I built two shields coming off the corner of the ground near the right green crystal, diagonally up-left (if that made sense).

Once collected, I immediately (ASAP) started building one blaster. I also started digging deep on the left side. towards the red crystal but only through my dig route! (so I wouldn't face creeper down another channel).

After you have the red crystal you should have dug most of the route out. Start building reactors. This is the hardest part in my opinion. The blaster should have been set to fire at drones only and by now the creeper will be starting to cover it. just after it has destroyed a drone, try moving it as deep into the cave as possible. Build as many reactors as you can until you have to build phantoms. (I think I started building the phantoms 5 seconds before the wave, because it takes a while for them to reach you.) You will need three phantoms in good positions, so make sure your reactors and the ship are protected.

After the first wave, deactivate the phantoms, and build as many reactors as possible. You should then start building one repulsor (the top one) which will hold the creeper for a while. You may need to set the blaster to fire at creeper too if things become tight.
Eventually build the second repulsor and then you are safe!  8)

The above probably holds up for about an hour... It takes forever for the creeper to snake all the way into the cave. I don't think that setting up a dark beam is the best way to go given the time you have (saps a lot of energy and slows growth more than conversion bombs), but just to prove it is possible:

I am not convinced you need to dig that far, or that you even have to dig for that matter! Feel free to try your own thing. :)

As final general advice, digging horizontally for the ship is much cheaper than digging vertically. The more corners the creeper has to move around the more time you will have to set up a defence (a LOT more per corner). Two repulsors costs 60 less than 5 (20 ground blocks), and digging further buys much more time so it can, very rarely, be worth it.

Sorry for the extremely long spoiler!
[close]

Lord_Farin

Nice work deathsandwich. You are proving to be a very capable member of the 'impossibility disproving squad'  ;D
One thing though: You are aware you can move phantom coils? Since you mention needing three, but have over twenty in your second screenshot...  ;)
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!