Map Editor suggestions

Started by florrat, August 21, 2011, 07:23:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mister_Andy

I don't think he should make a scripting language or anything like that. What I'd like to see is a window into which the user can enter some actionscript. It should be limited to the scope of that field object, allow basic logic (If-else, for/while) and have access to the following:

Creeper/greeper quantity in each subcell within the field
Structures/terrain in each cell within the field
Position of the field
Rotation of the field

And should be able to edit the following:

Position of the field
Rotation of the field
"force direction" and/or pinfields within the field(what you paint into fields currently)

This would let map devs have MUCH more flexible control of their maps by allowing not just binary triggers, but complex ones, without as much trouble as all the extra GUI for this would be. :3

mpete

not related to current discussion but
messages for nullifying emitters/gateway
sorry for any misspellings.
signed,mpete

Mister_Andy

Quote from: mpete on September 01, 2011, 10:09:31 PM
not related to current discussion but
messages for nullifying emitters/gateway

A field capable of detecting objects in it could do this :3

Fisherck

Another good idea would to be able to set an over all limit on units instead of just on specific units. Say you can only operate 20 units at a time. I think that could make some intersting gameplay. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

UpperKEES

Quote from: Fisherck on September 05, 2011, 01:22:17 PM
Another good idea would to be able to set an over all limit on units instead of just on specific units. Say you can only operate 20 units at a time. I think that could make some intersting gameplay. :)

This could be nice when reactors (and tech domes?) would be excluded. Or maybe separate limits for civilian and military units?
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Fisherck

Quote from: UpperKEES on September 05, 2011, 01:32:52 PM
This could be nice when reactors (and tech domes?) would be excluded. Or maybe separate limits for civilian and military units?
That would be a good idea. Probably limits for civilian and military to keep it relatively simple.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

lich98

How about presetting the map size to 50 or 22 so that people don't make as many big maps that have way more than enough space.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Grauniad

Quote from: lich98 on September 05, 2011, 03:34:11 PM
How about presetting the map size to 50 or 22 so that people don't make as many big maps that have way more than enough space.

In the next update to the map editor the default map size will be 22 rows.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lich98

Great now we`ll have shorter maps. :)
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ichikai

I'd like to have the ability to save fields, so certain ones can be used in other maps without having to recreate it.

The previously mentioned trigger fields and timed actions/messages also look promising :P