Walk-through for Tower to Tower from Reaverworld 2010?

Started by cquante, March 23, 2010, 12:21:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cquante

No matter what I try, I can't seem to build a defense fast enough.  Can anyone help with a walk-through?

Thanks,

Charlie

Karsten75

This is one of those "brute force" maps that I don't really like to play. Also, it needed split second timing to survive initially.

As soon as I could I started on 1 mortar. I made sure to build conservatively so as to not go into a deficit. I placed the 1st mortar on the wall surrounding Odin city - by then I had collectors energized up to there. I had to move the mortar around a few times to stop creeper spilling into the Odin City hollow. In fact a few small spills happened, fortunately too small to take out my early, sparse collectors. While this was going on I built a 2nd and then a 3rd mortar.

3 mortars were enough to hold the creeper at bay while I bulked up on reactors. Then I added more mortars and the creeper receded enough so I could descend a step on the outside of the wall, after that it was more energy, cap off an emitter, more energy, etc... Eventually I had the entire side of OC under control. Then I built a bunch of drones and bombed the daylight out of the creeper crater while I launched an assault on a corner of the opposite crater wall. Once I had a collector and 3 mortars situated on a corner of the creeper crater, I had the foothold I needed. - I did have to send constant bombing missions from the drones. Then I bulked up on more energy and a bunch of blasters to take the inside of the crater.

cquante

Thanks!  That really does help.  I really appreciate the step-by-step, and the visuals.

Charlie