Reset Story Mode?

Started by Cherry, October 24, 2013, 02:12:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cherry

I'd like to reset my story mode while keeping the ability to go to tormented space.  Is there a way to do this?  I liked the dialog and story at the start of each mission, collecting shield keys to proceed, the whole feeling of progression, and so just playing the story maps over again without actually resetting I don't think would feel the same.  Any help here?

J

Go to your .../documents/CreeperWorld3/data/ folder. Rename the artifactstats file (which I think holds shield key data). Now go to .../sectors/internal/ and rename the folder named '1'. Note that you should rename them in case you want to revert your edits (don't delete them).

Cherry

thank you for the quick reply!  That seemed to be a start at least...I can see the shield keys are indeed reset.  However the story isn't reset, although I can go back to archives to read it...still what I'd really like is a full reset of the story, without giving up the progress I've made in tormented space and such...I'm worried if I reinstalled I'd lose that progress, and maybe reinstalling wouldn't even reset the story anyway?  Possibly deleting all of the documents folder would reset the story, but I imagine that'd reset my tormented space too...if my approach is to delete/rename only certain files in the documents folder, I definitely don't trust myself to try and figure out which ones are right...

Cherry

well...ah what the heck, play around a bit...I renamed EVERYTHING in the "data" folder...sure enough it is like resetting the whole game...tormented space is locked now, but I guess I can simply rename everything back later and have my tormented space progress back when I want to get back to harder stuff again.  Or maybe I'll play around with setting some stuff back and seeing what happens...lets break the game! :D  Thanks again for the help