Main Menu

Arca

Started by coruun, October 14, 2013, 11:58:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coruun

I finally arrived at Arca and was doing a good job, imo.

Spoiler
After deciding against the Loki, I started to build a little edge into the pool and luckily, the Thor crashed near this point.

As you may know, the Loki start planting spore towers and emitters at random locations and some of them got already destroyed by me.
[close]

My problem:

Spoiler
Suddenly, I noticed that my energy fell down. Searching for the problem, I saw that one of the emitters was planted outside of the pool and had destroyed a large part of my infrastructure.
[close]

Is this behaviour intended?

TonyP2000

Spoiler
Most of the emitters and spore towers will be placed within the circle, but sometimes the Loki will dump the occasional emitter randomly outside the circle to mix things up a bit. Always have your eyes on the Loki and try to predict where its going. Try using shields to cover your reactors.   
[close]
Vote Tony!

teknotiss

Spoiler
also the Loki places the units in the same places so i built a retaining wall behind that emitters landing spot, cos that one got me too the first time round. bottom left, about 6/7th unit placed, correct?
[close]
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Omegatron

Spoiler
I think there is a maximum number to the amount of things placed. When I was playing that part I stopped nullifying things when none of them were easily reachable and it stopped planting new ones.
[close]

4xC

Spoiler
This is not the only case when your energy could slip. The more silos you prime, the bigger the strain. It also happens with more Thors than required energy.
[close]
C,C,C,C

coruun

My latest try was successful  :)

Spoiler
The moment the planting started, I had enough energy, to build a nice amount of cannons and shields at every possible place, where the Loki could land (extrapolating the trajectory).

Only the creeper shooting device was a close one. I didn't recognize all of their shots so I lost a certain amount of my infrastructure without noticing... I think my biggest problem is that I like to play zoomed in.

Also, my reactors where in the lower right corner in closest packing. So I had not enough space to place additional cannons or shields to protect them. Fortunately, the Loki didn't fly and shoot that far.
[close]