Why do Sprayers only charge to 50/100 with AC?

Started by RockyRaccoon, October 14, 2013, 08:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RockyRaccoon

So, I often build my weapons up in the 'Disarm' state so they are fully "charged" before starting an attack. This is especially useful when attacking an island or just to keep one cannon 'armed' to keep the creeper at bay during build-up.

However, the sprayer only gets half charged. This is especially problematic on island assaults when they won't be able to rehooked to the network quickly (or at all). 

Am I missing a setting or is this intended behaviour?

J

100% intended behaviour. The other 50% is for AC picked up on the ground.

RockyRaccoon

OK, that clears it up, thanks.

So to get one fully charged I would need two sprayers and some source of creeper to convince one to 'spray' while the other collects?

I suppose that set-up is likely not worth the effort is most situations!

teknotiss

or you could think of it as a sprayer is fully charged when it stops recieving packets of AC and the additional storage is just that, additional storage  ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

coruun

If you want to fill this additional space you should consider using bombers.

Nephthys

Hmmm... I am having the same issue, but the Sprayers are not um... spraying.  They just sit there at 100% Health 50/100 AC, but nothing is happening. Plenty of AC, not using bombers at this point, so why don't they spray? They are armed, active & resupplied. Help?

florrat

Quote from: Nephthys on October 18, 2013, 12:08:32 AM
Hmmm... I am having the same issue, but the Sprayers are not um... spraying.  They just sit there at 100% Health 50/100 AC, but nothing is happening. Plenty of AC, not using bombers at this point, so why don't they spray? They are armed, active & resupplied. Help?
They only shoot at creeper. So just move the Sprayer next to some creeper, and it will start shooting ;)

Nephthys

Oh. Never noticed that! TYVM.  I was trying to use AC as protection BEFORE creeper could get to my CN. Guess I'll have to use a Bomber instead. Thx again.