Ruine

Started by steelwing, October 13, 2013, 08:05:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelwing

This map is ruine-ing me...   :-[
Spoiler

I can get my CN down, I can get my network started, and I can get 3 to 5 beams up and fully charged by the time those accursed spore towers launch their first salvoes.  Within two or three launches, though, I'm dead.  There's not enough time or energy to build enough reactors to keep those beams powered.  Seriously, how does one go about surviving this map?
[close]

J

Quote from: steelwing on October 13, 2013, 08:05:22 AM
This map is ruine-ing me...   :-[
Spoiler

I can get my CN down, I can get my network started, and I can get 3 to 5 beams up and fully charged by the time those accursed spore towers launch their first salvoes.  Within two or three launches, though, I'm dead.  There's not enough time or energy to build enough reactors to keep those beams powered.  Seriously, how does one go about surviving this map?
[close]
My tactic:
Spoiler
Land both command nodes and build a siphon and some collectors. Now build 2 reactors and collect the guppy tech and the message artifact using relays. Keep building reactors and build one guppy. Once the guppy has 120 energy loaded move it close to a spore tower with 2 spores on your weakest side. Nullify the spore tower there. Once the spores start coming, make sure you have a beam on the power zone left by the first spore tower and 2 on the other side. Keep building reactors in the process.
[close]

steelwing

Some impressive coordination required there.  Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

J

kwinse

Man, I didn't even think of using pzed relay bridges, I just built guppies and went to town on the towers. Though I did think of the mortar on the second playthrough.

steelwing

And that's a win! ;D;D;D  21:15!