(SUGGESTION) till ship completetion

Started by scoin, October 02, 2016, 10:22:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

scoin

can we get a number on selection to show how much more energy the bridge needs before completion and also a number showing how much energy a ship has left?

yum-forum

Quote from: scoin on October 02, 2016, 10:22:03 AM
can we get a number on selection to show how much more energy the bridge needs before completion and also a number showing how much energy a ship has left?

Yes. For example, "percentage".
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Kharnellius

Yes, this!  Plus it would be great to know how much energy and time it will take before I start building them.  There is so much info missing it's frustrating!

cecel123

I do agree that the game and it's UI are missing a lot of information compared to previous games. It can be a bit frustrating, but I also imagine Virgil must have had a reason for this choice. Considering that people can create custom ships and fleets, it would probably be a bit tricky to program. If it IS possible though, it would be a welcome addition to the game for sure.

Just a little friendly feedback. :D
"Mom, why would I do drugs when I have video games?"

knucracker

A ship status display is in the works... something you can view before, during, and after construction.  And yes, it is a tad tricky.  Custom modules are also being added (actual official support) and they can complicate what goes in that display.

GoodMorning

Thank you very much. Specifically for custom modules.

Perhaps the interface needs a "complexity cap", which can limt the number of script UI tiles on a given ship interface.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Nicant

Quote from: virgilw on October 05, 2016, 08:04:59 PM
A ship status display is in the works... something you can view before, during, and after construction.  And yes, it is a tad tricky.  Custom modules are also being added (actual official support) and they can complicate what goes in that display.
Nice!!! Your the best! I already have a list of custom modules i want to add! 8)
CW4 hype!!

D0m0nik

This is great that you're adding the ship build info, the lack of cost info before building is the biggest issue for me as it makes planning very difficult. Enjoying the game though, already consumed over 100hrs of my life, not sure if this is a good or bad thing!

GoodMorning

CW3 has, depending on how I look at it, either given or taken some hundreds of hours, and PF looks like doing the same.

I think that PF is beginning to drop the KC minimalism theme.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 06, 2016, 08:41:40 AM
I think that PF is beginning to drop the KC minimalism theme.

With the amount of properties we see, I agree with you there. (and I think we're past beginning)
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."