Map Testing

Started by Michionlion, September 18, 2011, 11:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neko187

I'm making a touhou inspired map, but... the fields are making my head hurt  :P ??? :o :-\
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC

hoodwink

I've made a map (the start of a future campaign) that's meant to be fairly tricky. However, I'm not really that good and so was wondering if anyone would test it out for me - most of the point of the thread, I think.
Any feedback would be nice, thnx.
Stare not into the abyss, or it has hasten in its approach.
~ Hoodwink (thesmish, smish777 or sigil)

hoodwink

Ok, an updated version now that's a bit easier, but still I couldn't make the start...

Karsten75

The first version wasn't all that hard.

hoodwink

Thanks very much karsten, I'll upload as-is then. :)

Edit: Could you upload a score then too, please?

ShadowDragon7015

teknotiss please test this map. If good please submit your score. If its not good please tell me why and I will try to fix it. Thanks!
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

teknotiss

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on January 05, 2013, 06:23:18 PM
Can someone please test these maps? If good please submit your score. Also I like feedback. If its not good please tell me why and I will try to fix it. Please play the last two in order they are in series! Thanks!
anti to normal. good map, fun speed run, but the chamber on the right wouldn't let me push AC out with repulsors. (might have done on the first try, but not on restarts) no biggy, just used 5 makers, but could shave some secs if i didn't have to. subbed score

waterfalls and undersea caves. start with repulsor and shield tech and tech pickups for repulsors and shields are on the map (near the launcher tech)
great map, love ac heavy missions though so i'm a bit biased. good map, not really enough ore for me but subbed a score.

jail break. fun map, interesting effect i noticed in the jumping bars (lefthand side), with a DBeam running down the middle deactivated mirrors can be damaged and killed by the jumping fields. never seen that before  :o
took way too long cos i got sidetracked, but fun to play. score subbed
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

ShadowDragon7015

I had problems with the Anti creeper going through the right side also but i couldn't figure out why. But on multiple maps that i've madefor some reason the fields on the right side that force creepr back have problems and don't do what they are supposed to.
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

teknotiss

Quote from: ShadowDragon7015 on January 06, 2013, 03:53:25 PM
I had problems with the Anti creeper going through the right side also but i couldn't figure out why. But on multiple maps that i've madefor some reason the fields on the right side that force creepr back have problems and don't do what they are supposed to.
odd, still it worked first load of the map, perhaps it's a bug?
we'll see what other players say i suppose.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

teknotiss

done research results, good map, prefer to get at gems faster but thats the point i guess, going to replay from just before last capsule and go for the score when i'm bored one day.
nice one dude

CreeperEmitter-David99999

Hey guys! Here's a micromanage-type map, with plenty of disabling and re enabling beacons.

Message me if you're interested!

-CED99999
"To live is to suffer, to survive is to find some meaning in the suffering."
-The Quote That Reflects CW3

Grauniad

Upload the map for the normal approval process.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

I finally got around to doing another cw2 project, and could use some help testing. I'm super rusty at this game, and need some help with the numbers. Also I'm not sure I can beat a decent cw2 map right now. xD
EDIT: uploaded a new version. Changed the timings on the start of the middle part, charge bar on right now goes away after full, small drones start coming closer together after a while, bigger drones health and speed reduced, missile launchers now given solid terrain. Made the protective barrier at the bottom a bit weaker (before it would almost never be broken through) and added a bit more text.
EDIT2: did some work on the fields that distribute creeper around the top, and tracked down and squashed a field bug that allowed creeper to be taken from the high part of the left side into the low side of the right side, making the game almost unbeatable. Also further nerfed the protection field
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Helper

Blackie!
K75 gave me a head's up about this post.
Just downloaded it and will take a look.
H

EDIT:
@7:23 and still alive.
Good fight and I'm trying to stay ahead of the increasing surprises you keep throwing at me.
Have to take off for a couple of hours, but will be back at it later today.

So far, this is one of the better CW2 games I've seen in a long time.
H

Ebon Heart

Glad you're enjoying it. I've been playing around with it a bit more and I made some tweaks based on things I've found and uploaded a new version if you wanna grab that.
EDIT: As it stands right now this can be done...
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!