Particle Fleet Sound problem

Started by Tazzler664, May 03, 2018, 07:51:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tazzler664

I am not sure what happened I was playing particle fleet as normal  went to bed woke up and started the game where I left off only this time the sound effects are all messed up the music is fine but the warp in sound for the ship HQ is all wacky and all the rest of the weapon sounds are the same "Thud" sound no more distinction an lasers no longer make a sound any help to rest the sound would be great thank you

Karsten75

Have you tried rebooting your computer? That fixes 99% of all problems. :)

Tazzler664

Hahaha yes of course its been an issue for months I have uninstalled the game 23 times an reinstalled deleted any and all files no luck

GoodMorning

So, if I may paraphrase: you were playing, and it worked.

Then, some time ago; the sound stopped playing correctly. You have since tried rebooting, reinstalling, and deleting files at random.

I take it you're not using Steam.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Let me ask you one more question. What OS are you using? Windows, Max or Linux?

While we wait for your answer, I'll alert Virgil to your problem, I don't reall us ever running into this issue before.

Also, can you please locate your game log file and attach it to your response? Here's a link to instructioons for locating the game log file. When you found it, look below the text entry area of your response here on the forum and there's a clickable link for "Attachments and other options" Maybe there's a clue in the log file.

Tazzler664

Posted by: GoodMorning
« on: May 05, 2018, 03:27:41 am »
Insert Quote

So, if I may paraphrase: you were playing, and it worked.

Then, some time ago; the sound stopped playing correctly. You have since tried rebooting, reinstalling, and deleting files at random.

I take it you're not using Steam.

Hello thank you for reading my post I have done all of those things I do use steam I have delete my game and files from the steam server 8 times  I have rebooted the issue has been happening as of Jan I turn my computer off every night  and a total of 23 reinstalls with full deletion of the game each time off the computer from steam folders and user folders an anywhere else I have found files 8 full deletions of those 23 also included full steam removal  I was playing yes all of September though December Jan 8th I think the sound went thud

Tazzler664

Let me ask you one more question. What OS are you using? Windows, Max or Linux?

While we wait for your answer, I'll alert Virgil to your problem, I don't reall us ever running into this issue before.

Also, can you please locate your game log file and attach it to your response? Here's a link to instructioons for locating the game log file. When you found it, look below the text entry area of your response here on the forum and there's a clickable link for "Attachments and other options" Maybe there's a clue in the log file.

I am use using win 10 pro  haven been the entire time 

this is the entire log

Initialize engine version: 5.3.6p6 (8f5aa09cf3e8)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumd.dll 23.21.13.8871]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti
    Vendor:   NVIDIA
    VRAM:     3072 MB (via DXGI)
    Caps:     Shader=30 DepthRT=1 NativeDepth=1 NativeShadow=1 DF16=0 INTZ=1 NULL=1 RESZ=0 SlowINTZ=0
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Assembly-CSharp.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript-firstpass.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Assembly-UnityScript.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.UI.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\UnityEngine.Analytics.dll into Unity Child Domain
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\SharpZipLib.dll (this message is harmless)
Loading T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\SharpZipLib.dll into Unity Child Domain
- Completed reload, in  0.047 seconds
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\System.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
Platform assembly: T:\Steam\steamapps\common\Particle Fleet Emergence\ParticleFleet_Data\Managed\Boo.Lang.dll (this message is harmless)
<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

desktop: 1920x1080 60Hz; virtual: 3840x1080 at 0,0
<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.442608 ms
Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)

Unloading 2 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 996.
Total: 0.291421 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.056276 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.065402 ms MarkObjects: 0.158487 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.010646 ms)

Unloading 4 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
UnloadTime: 4.514603 ms
LoadAchievementsAndStats

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

MainMenu Awake

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

Set CurrentCulture to: en-US

Display: 0 [1920x1080] [1920x1080]

Display: 1 [1920x1080] [1920x1080]

Game Version: 1.1.4

Quality Level: 3 Good

All Series (ASUS) Desktop
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 Ti NVIDIA Direct3D 9.0c [nvldumd.dll 23.21.13.8871] Graphics Memory:3072
Windows 10  (10.0.0) 64bit

Created AudioController

Checking Steam...

Steam not running. Restarting under Steam.

Unloading 1 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 37887.
Total: 25.763750 ms (FindLiveObjects: 1.678869 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.852971 ms MarkObjects: 23.175632 ms  DeleteObjects: 0.055668 ms)

Setting up 3 worker threads for Enlighten.
  Thread -> id: 3c14 -> priority: 1
  Thread -> id: 376c -> priority: 1
  Thread -> id: 44c8 -> priority: 1

knucracker

Quote from: Tazzler664 on May 05, 2018, 02:30:14 AM
Hahaha yes of course its been an issue for months I have uninstalled the game 23 times an reinstalled deleted any and all files no luck

I don't see anything in the log that is unusual.  You indicate you have uninstalled the game 23 times (maybe you meant 2 to 3 times).  Did the game's sound work properly at any point after uninstalling and reinstalling?

Is there anything else running on your system at the same time that might affect audio?  (A music player/recorder, etc.).  If so, try not running that and see if that makes any difference.

Sorrontis

Here's an annoying question from the peanut gallery -

Was there a driver update for your sound card or software change?
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Tazzler664

Posted by: virgilw
« on: May 07, 2018, 12:48:02 pm »
Insert Quote

Quote from: Tazzler664 on May 05, 2018, 02:30:14 am

I don't see anything in the log that is unusual.  You indicate you have uninstalled the game 23 times (maybe you meant 2 to 3 times).  Did the game's sound work properly at any point after uninstalling and reinstalling?

Is there anything else running on your system at the same time that might affect audio?  (A music player/recorder, etc.).  If so, try not running that and see if that makes any difference.

Thank you for responding no I honestly ment 23 times  the game sound did not work correctly at any point with the uninstalls an reinstalls the first time the sound went thud it has been like that it was random it worked one night I woke up turned on the com started steam and never worked right again  as for the music players I never have and currently do not run anything when playing

Tazzler664

Posted by: Sorrontis
« on: May 07, 2018, 08:04:20 pm »
Insert Quote

Here's an annoying question from the peanut gallery -

Was there a driver update for your sound card or software change?

The driver dates on all of the drivers are times when the sound did work correctly  but i am not aware of any updates from that time if there is somewhere you'd like me to look id be happy to

knucracker

Yeah, I'm not sure where to look.  The only things I could think of would be to disable the steam overlay and see if that matters.  I'd also look for problems with any other games, or any audio applications.

Tazzler664

Thank you very much anyway !   really looking forward to creeper 4 love the videos !