few things that bother me

Started by betadata, May 22, 2011, 11:37:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

betadata

1) when we click on a upgrade the confirmation window just says confirm update. Would like it to have text related to the upgrade I just clicked on
IE:" confirm weapom range upgrade" I have upgraded a thing or two I really did not want to upgrade yet.
2) why do we have to hover over an item to find out it status that shows up in the little box in the lower right corner, Why doesnt just having the item selected display that info.
3) everything but clearing terrain will just work by clicking on it, not canceling previous item. If I have a weapon selected I have to manually cancel that choice before we can "dig".

UpperKEES

2. Doesn't that save you a click? Apart from that you can't select a piece of terrain while it does have statistics. You can also have multiple selections of units, so which one should be shown in that case?

3. This is exactly the same behaviour as in CW1. When a weapon would lose its selection after performing an action with it, so may have to select the same weapon over and over. For instance: select repulsor, set beam length, select repulsor, set beam direction, select repulsor, select movement destination. Maybe nice to know that right-mouse-button will cancel (de-select), so no need to use the space bar. :)
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

betadata

2) good point about multiple units I didnt think about that.