Custom Map #755: IQ TEST V1. By: Redneck

Started by AutoPost, February 12, 2021, 09:56:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #755: IQ TEST V1

Author: Redneck
Size: 128x80

reddwarf12

So ... maybe I don't understand how to create anti-creeper?  I have the whole map turned green, with all 15 enemies nullified. The totem wants an anti-creeper - how do I produce that?  I made a Sprayer and clicked all the boxes in it (AC pull field, etc.) - but I don't see any terrain it's supposed to go on?

Help, and thanks in advance!

MrWizard

Quote from: reddwarf12 on March 25, 2021, 06:47:30 PM
So ... maybe I don't understand how to create anti-creeper?  I have the whole map turned green, with all 15 enemies nullified. The totem wants an anti-creeper - how do I produce that?  I made a Sprayer and clicked all the boxes in it (AC pull field, etc.) - but I don't see any terrain it's supposed to go on?

Spoiler
You can use sprayers to collect anti-creeper and turn it back into ore.
[close]

Redneck

Quote from: reddwarf12 on March 25, 2021, 06:47:30 PM

That's the whole trick about that mission, need to find a way to get anti-creep.  Look up your options and think, it's almost imposible to give you a hint without spoiling the way to do it. ;)

reddwarf12

Thanks for the response. I'm still learning the game, so there's lots I don't know yet about the various pieces and options. Maybe I'll keep learning, and then come back to this map a little later on.

I didn't realize it was a trick; I thought I was just missing something simple. If it's a trick, then, yeah, maybe I'll come back to it and give it another go when I'm a CW4 Ninja Master.

:)

CS Z

There is a way to get AC when none is available.  I think one way to provide a tip without giving the trick away is:

Spoiler
The optional objective is optional.
[close]

Or:

Spoiler
Play a few of the more recent PACursor maps.
[close]

Neither one of those give away the trick but do point in the general direction.