Started by AutoPost, July 12, 2012, 09:01:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

I think I should speedrun this map and make a video of it. :P

Helper

Quote from: ea3401 on July 14, 2012, 04:18:06 PM
Strength lies in calmness.

LOL!
Reminiscent of the old "Patience Grasshopper" from the Kung Fu series.

Great advice - thank you.
I am still catching up on some of the latest games, but will return and play this one from scratch.
Thank you for the tip.

Bongo

The last right room only took me about 8 conversion bombs in three waves. Even though I made it I really didn't know how to beat it until I beat it.

Spoiler

* First make a Rift as close as possible
* Then use 4 Conversion Bombs to take out the whole room
* Pause
* Then make Shields about 3 or 4 rows back from Emitters
* Then make New Rifts (3) behind the Shield wall
* Conversion Bomb again to move Shield AND Rifts up one
* Pause
* For the last row you can use Blasters behind the Shield wall and Rifts after the last conversion bomb.
* If the Shields are low you can throw Conversion Bombs to give the Nullifiers time to work. It also makes the clean up easier after it's done.
[close]

Good Luck!

Kilroyinc

This is an ingenious map.  The use of fields is awsome. Getting the dark beam is a bit of a slog, but I enjoyed the challenge of the whole map. :)

Make more please.   ;D

TrickyDragon

Love banana man
^^
interesting challenge
This is Life,  Life happens.

bla3

I want to second the acclaim and praise for the use of fields. I just also want to reiterate that the dark beam chamber is too gimicky for my tastes and ultimately ruined the map for me. After I realized ignoring the banana man was the way to go (yay for ignoring preamble!) I had a lot fun up until that point.

viper00900

Lol at rage quits....wow omg, i just didn't open the creep tunnels on the sides....mortar death!  Pounded it with the mortars and a few blasters (to keep light creep down)

Flagged the DB to collect, a few C-bombs and boom, DB.  I also built the DB over the other tech in the room....I reached the lower right room in 60 minutes, but I play with my creep.

Oh yeah, it took me a few passes to get it down pat as well.
Wait until you see this --- oh wait....nevermind

teknotiss

one of the best maps made yet for me  ;D
10/10
i always read the preamble but wasn't fast enough the first time.
the DBeam room wasn't too bad, just be methodical and play on pause with "n" for frame by frame action. i used a method similar to ea3401 but no launchers, and i built shields over the emitters nullified and "tada" the DBeam was mine MWA MWAHAHAHAhahaha.... ahem.
the fact that this map was an escalation of weapons map (makers then blaster/launchers then cbombs then the DBeam) was fun too. i often overlook CBombs if i get the DBeam first but this map would be pretty hard with them (has anyone done the DBeam room without CBombs?).
good work dude, looking forwards to new maps with the same ingenuity  ;)

edit: i replayed it and it was quicker to just use CBombs to gather the DBeam and then use the DBeam to cut off the emitters in that room then nullify. perhaps i'll try using launchers next time too.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

ZaiLux

Okay, that was super fun. But also super hard. But totally worth it. X3 AWESOME JOB.

joshuad156

Loved the use of fields and the unbeatable banana-man.  Also, thumbs up to the funny "plot"  :-)  I also liked the varied challenges of each room, without feeling like this was another one of those rooms maps.  Overall a very fun and ingenious map!  MAKE MORE!

Katra

The swirl room isn't hard. Just pound it with a passel of launchers until the creeper gets thinned out, then drop a large squad of blasters in to clear the thinned out creeper. One nullifier finishes the emitters. (took me a couple of tries before I laid in enough firepower to do the job.)

I ended up taking several tries to finally get the DB and mirrors - contain with lots of launchers and blasters; then send in sticks of conversion bombs and chain so there were always 3-4 at different stages of detonation.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

pocketdare

Peanut Butter Jelly (not such a good) TIME !!!  :)