Custom Map #9310: DontTouchTheSpidey. By: Rix

Started by AutoPost, February 21, 2021, 09:28:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #9310: DontTouchTheSpidey

Author: Rix
Size: 128x128

Desc:
It's not that easy to break out, when you are entangled in a spider's web.

Johnny Haywire

As much as I hate runners, I have to confess that this is a really well-designed map. It's challenging but if you understand the game mechanics then you can choose the right things and avoid the wrong things and win... eventually.

I'd consider the "1" rating a badge of honor in this case. The people giving you this rating probably can't count any higher, so that's what ya get.  :P

For those who are competent and literate but just a little stuck, the way I did it isn't very fast but it's pretty easy...

Spoiler
focus on getting enough energy to terp the center to level ground before the spores launch. Or, terp what you can then just max out your tech first before doing anything else. Keep in mind the spores won't fire at beams or your forge (or ore mines if you want those). So build up a bunch, then build terps and use them until you run out of energy then destroy them and rebuild your energy reserves.
[close]

Great job coming up with an interesting and tricky challenge, Rix!

Thanks for the map!  ;D ;D

PS - I didn't rate the map because a perfect "1" with few scores looks better than a 3.5 or whatever. But let me know if you'd like me to rate it and bring up the rating.  ;)
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?

Martin Gronsdal

this didn't look like much at first, and then.... WOW, 10/10 rating from me, and yes, 1/10 is badge of honor!

Martin Gronsdal

I almost regret rating it now, as I destroyed the nice 1 rating !!!

Altren

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on February 22, 2021, 04:08:58 PM
I almost regret rating it now, as I destroyed the nice 1 rating !!!
Actually you always can change you rating. But since it's too late let's try making it closer to 10.

I wonder how many awesome maps I missed, because some players don't like hard maps. Looking only at the image doesn't tell you if a map is worth trying.

Martin Gronsdal

during the first 10 min I found myself trembling in fear of even thinking of building any other unit, but beams.

Johnny Haywire

QuoteI wonder how many awesome maps I missed, because some players don't like hard maps. Looking only at the image doesn't tell you if a map is worth trying.

Altren, sometimes when I feel like a glutton for punishment I'll sort by lowest rating and then look for maps that have a very small scores-to-downloads ratio. Those are usually rated low because they are really difficult. And I won't pretend that I've beaten every map I've tried.

Yeah, you can't tell by looking at the picture - but looking at the # of downloads and scores and figure out if it's a low rating b/c of just being a bad map, or because it's crazy difficult.
You disagree with this sentence, don't you?