[Bug] Changing omnis' destination leaves original destinations occupied

Started by Lord_Farin, October 09, 2016, 07:36:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord_Farin

I've encountered the following multiple times and it didn't seem to be up, so a bug report.
The situation is illustrated in the attached image, and can be reproduced as follows:

1. Select two omnis and order them to move somewhere
2. Select the two omnis again, and move them somewhere close (e.g. you want to use an intermediate waypoint)
3. The original destinations remain occupied.

This problem is somewhat annoying to deal with when assaulting a new land mass using several omnis.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

GoodMorning

So, is what you seek a CW3-style placement?

That is, select a moving unit/cloud thereof, and try to place it in a slightly different alignment on the original placement target? Whereas currently the Omnis will treat their current destination as invalid, and cluster around the edge of it?

If so, agreed, but for all I know this way is a feature rather than a bug.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Lord_Farin

Quote from: GoodMorning on October 09, 2016, 07:49:18 AM
So, is what you seek a CW3-style placement?

That is, select a moving unit/cloud thereof, and try to place it in a slightly different alignment on the original placement target? Whereas currently the Omnis will treat their current destination as invalid, and cluster around the edge of it?

If so, agreed, but for all I know this way is a feature rather than a bug.
Yes. Or even the same alignment, but with different waypoints in between (which is the most annoying situation).
I really struggle to call the current behaviour a feature, though. More so because it doesn't apply to a single omni, only to groups.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

GoodMorning

A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.