[Error] Odd error when uploading ships

Started by Sorrontis, September 17, 2017, 10:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorrontis

I tried to upload a replacement for ship:1646.

I get this error (see attached image)

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Sorrontis

Update: When I go to the ingame database, the ships are properly uploaded.

Karsten75

@Sorrontis: Just wondering. Do you have any if the mods to create larger ships or any non-standard extensions? that "ta not found" message doesn't look like something Virgil would write.

Also, it's too late now, but if you can recreate it, check the logs.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 18, 2017, 12:13:20 PM
@Sorrontis: Just wondering. Do you have any if the mods to create larger ships or any non-standard extensions? that "ta not found" message doesn't look like something Virgil would write.

Also, it's too late now, but if you can recreate it, check the logs.

I'll do that when I'm back home. It was just for a regular ship however.

knucracker

Ok, I think I have this fixed.
The problem was an artifact of some changes I made on the server. In short, the update ship script on the server didn't have permissions to read from the SMF database to get the data from the original topic when updating a ship.  This is something that would have changed since the server rebuild. 

I've corrected it and have tested it with a Mr. T(est) ship.  Seems to be working now.  Let me know if you see otherwise.

The message "ta not read. 44" is a clipped off string that should read "Data not read. 44".  The 44 part tells me where in the server processing the error occurred.  Returning an arbitrary error code like that is another thing I changed recently (as opposed to a SQL error for instance).

Sorrontis

What ever you did, it fixed it on my end :D