Upgrades - relay mobility and ammo storage; munitions truck

Started by mothwentbad, January 01, 2010, 08:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mothwentbad

The first two of these should be relatively easy to code.

Mobile relay (upgrade) - Now your relay can move like blasters and have health like blasters, but they function as relays whenever you set them down.

Ammo storage (upgrade) - Kind of self-explanatory. Make your mortars and blasters carry more ammo. This could be something you upgrade several times for 2x, 3x, 5x capacity and so on. Maybe max health could be a simultaneous or separate upgrade.

Munitions truck - Stores and distributes red dots, say 5 or 10 full blasters full. Has a health bar.

djcian

mobile relay: i don't think this is necessary

ammo storage: this could just be replaced by energy storage which store energy that is easily turned into ammo packets.  AKA ammo storage is not necessary

Munitions truck:  so far there is no moving units except for flying buildings and i have a feeling that it is going to stay that way.  besides the network is perfectly good for transporting ammo packets.
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

mothwentbad

As it is now, it's a little sensitive to time it so your new collector goes up before the guns run out of juice. The "truck" could just be a flying building, like all the other units. It would be nice if they could transmit a little farther and to each other, too, so that the game of "creepfrog" isn't so up close and finicky.

BigBird

Quote from: mothwentbad on January 01, 2010, 08:47:41 PM
As it is now, it's a little sensitive to time it so your new collector goes up before the guns run out of juice. The "truck" could just be a flying building, like all the other units. It would be nice if they could transmit a little farther and to each other, too, so that the game of "creepfrog" isn't so up close and finicky.

but thats part of the difficulty of the game. If you had mobile storage, you could paratroop 3 blasters and 2 mobile storage onto a plateau of a couple creepers and be fine for possibly 30 seconds or so. that would hinder the difficulty level a great deal

Fisherck

And anyways, the evolution of this game is in it's final stages, so I doubt anything else will be implimented.

But some of these are not necessary, a speed relay will make packets move faster. So you do not need ammo upgrades. And when you take a weaopon off the network your running your own risk of running out of ammo on that weapon.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

gabbyorjake

What i'm thinking is their could be a system like speed,storage,etc. That works like Oden city and dispenses energy if connected to connectors, their for you could move the city but in that area you could survive this in turn helps with space issues. It can also cost a lot like drones and have very little health to. ???

Ebon Heart

if you had mobile relays, people could just bridge the whole way to the totems. bad idea.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

ontheworld

If these things were put in the game almost all difficulty would be gone from a lot of levels...

Grauniad

This thread is more than a ear old, pertains to a version of Creeper World that will not be enhanced and it is pointless to have this hypothetical discussion.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon