Appreciation, where it's due.

Started by JF-T, October 07, 2013, 02:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JF-T

I could just All you that helped with making CW3 this, but i really would like to say this in a public setting. Also that'd would literally take me from a few hours to a day and I'm lazy :D

Out of the years I've spent playing games, not a single one has been THIS smooth inside of the game itself. when the mission has loaded and you can then play on it.

Even on the more larger missions that take about 30 seconds to a minute to load for me, after 20 seconds I literally experience no lag unless background programs such as avast interfere. But I do not ever experience lag despite my computer's terrible hardware.

Only when I beat the level and get the victory screen will it freeze, stall or lock up. Even if I've said it twice, i need to stress it more; The game's smooth as air through a crystal whistle from a few moments after my CN(s) land and on. I'm currently on Farbor, and that has not changed.

I... basically jsut want to say, Thank you for putting so much work into this game Everyone, you coulda released it last month or the first release guess you gave, but you stuck with it and I just want to say Thank you. This game's already broke a few records in my books, and I'm pretty sure it just might do that in actuality.

Also big thanks to V. because... you know... If he didn't exist or didn't want to make games in the first place, Creeper World wouldn't have existed and I wouldn't be here ;D
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

knucracker

I appreciate that...
Now go treat yourself to a couple sticks of memory and maybe we can get those load times down :)

Grauniad

Quote from: virgilw on October 07, 2013, 11:31:01 AM
I appreciate that...
Now go treat yourself to a couple sticks of memory and maybe we can get those load times down :)

Dear Lord, don't! Keep every penny of your money for an upgrade. I well remember how old your machine is. :)
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Creeperkingpin

It runs on my netbook with 1 gig of ram and a media accelerator :) with no problems at all. Litterally. Except lagging when you nullify the last thing on the map. V did an excellent job maximizing ram draw efficiency.
Those who choose security over liberty deserve neither security nor liberty-Benjamin Franklin

JF-T

Don't sweat it guys, I'm getting a computer on the 23rd. One which will be a literal god in comparison :D Also i edited it since i remember not jsut V made this game, that others helped. And to be honest, I really would just like to thank everyone, including the community for helping in however small a way they helped.

I need not name names since you know who you are :P

Also I'm not spending any money until the 23rd anyways. I can keep chugging on this old man for a bit.
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

Nephthys

I am NOT getting a new computer in the forseeable future.  :'(

CW3 takes 98% of my cpu according to Task Manager. (lol @ my poor old system).

I was going to start a new topic to ask about deleting loads (saves) from completed worlds when I ran across this thread. So please move if necessary.

So, in addition to deep appreciation for this wonderful game, IS there a way to delete old saves in CW3? Somewhere on my hard drive? Or would it not make any difference & I should add more memory? I am pretty computer illiterate, so I don't know if a new memory stick would help or if it is simply too much for my cpu & I'm out of luck.

So two questions here.

How and/or Can I delete loads from completed worlds?

Would it help to buy another stick? (IIRC the last one was very reasonable. Like $15 or so)

Thanks!! (I truly hope that when my name is seen on a post there are not groans from the mods!)

Grauniad

Quote from: Nephthys on October 08, 2013, 12:06:52 AM
IS there a way to delete old saves in CW3? Somewhere on my hard drive? Or would it not make any difference & I should add more memory? I am pretty computer illiterate, so I don't know if a new memory stick would help or if it is simply too much for my cpu & I'm out of luck.

So two questions here.

How and/or Can I delete loads from completed worlds?

Would it help to buy another stick? (IIRC the last one was very reasonable. Like $15 or so)

Thanks!! (I truly hope that when my name is seen on a post there are not groans from the mods!)
There is a bit of conflation going on here.

Cleaning up old saves will free up hard drive space, but it will not have any effect whatsoever on performance. Unless your machine is paging (and we'd have to know how much RAM you have and whether another stick can be added) adding memory (RAM) will not improve performance either.

If you do want to clean up saves, you can basically delete all the files with a .cw3 extension  in the numbered folders in the CreeperWorld3 directory in your Documents folder. The game will restore a version if you want to replay the map. As I said, it is very unlikely to affect performance in any way.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Nephthys

Okay. Thank you so much for the explanation. I was afraid that deleting files would not make any difference, but I wasn't sure. I'll just leave them alone.

I'll make sure nothing else is running when I play. (Like trying to get on Firefox during a game). Sometimes McAfee kicks in to update & that slows things down though. I'll just keep plugging away on my good old ancient system & hope for the best.

Thanks again! Ya'll are so patient with me & I really appreciate it.

Kharnellius

Completely agree!  Great job everyone!  Quite a fine game. :)