Custom Map #1251: A Tragedy Forgotten Part 2

Started by AutoPost, July 03, 2012, 11:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebon Heart

Thanks for all the positive feedback you guys! With the amount of work that went into this map, I'm glad to know it was appreciated. Even if I wasn't clear on an ending detail... Lol. :D I'll cover that now. When you grab the beacon tech, the top of the map floods. I should have stressed that more, but I figured it wouldn't matter much since you have to be safe to grab the beacon, anyways. The creeper up top is to keep you from running from Terrania once you get him out. You must stay and fight, the coward's path is closed!
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Mahdi

Great map thanks!

I ll try later to make a better score!

Rushed

I haven't played the map yet, but from what I've read, and from what the first one was like, I can already tell it will be amazing!!!

Rushed

Someone

i still dont understand the function of the 2 side emiter

Good map btw

Ebon Heart

Spoiler
The side emitters teleport creeper into the center, so it's impossible to pass until they are destroyed.
[close]
though there is a way to get through without destroying them....  ;)

Someone

O_O
i didnt destroy it and still pass it,i mean its an obvious  thing

toastkid

Great map - really enjoyed the challenge.  Took me loads of saves and reloads to turn the tide in the final section.

TrickyDragon

Finally had time to finsh it,  love it ^^  inbox me if you wanna bounce any ideas around....   didnt get to use the AC though, shame lol
This is Life,  Life happens.

TrickyDragon

I AM OUTRAGED!   I MUST BEAT IT FASTER!!!!
grrrr, looks like i took too much time settin up then eh?   (polly about 15 min in the middle just moving stuff around getting ready lol) 
This is Life,  Life happens.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Someone on July 06, 2012, 01:42:11 AM
i still dont understand the function of the 2 side emiter

Good map btw
I have a feeling you found the easter egg. Did you have
Spoiler
A: Anti creeper and B: shields up top? All anti creeper in that area is teleported to the top (where the big plant is at the start) right before the side emitters teleport creeper into that area to destroy all nullifiers.
[close]

Quote from: toastkid on July 07, 2012, 10:13:33 AM
Great map - really enjoyed the challenge.  Took me loads of saves and reloads to turn the tide in the final section.
Glad you liked it! And glad I left the boss battle how it is, I think it's a decent challenge for the average player. :P There will be much more elaborate battles to come, though. 2 boss battles that will be harder. And ATF3 won't have any kind of boss. And ATF5 is a credit map.  ;)

Quote from: TrickyDragon on July 07, 2012, 09:07:42 PM
Finally had time to finsh it,  love it ^^  inbox me if you wanna bounce any ideas around....   didnt get to use the AC though, shame lol

Glad you liked it Tricky! And I'll probably send you a message. I need ideas for ATF3. There's not a whole lot to do with it, but I want it to be held to the same high standards as the rest of the maps in the series. So I don't know. I'll think of something. I always think of something.  8)

SmileyCoder

Very nice map. I didn't find it too difficult, allthough I did pause alot :P
Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: SmileyCoder on July 09, 2012, 04:19:56 PM
Very nice map. I didn't find it too difficult, allthough I did pause alot :P
Glad you liked it! Do you think I met the bar I set for myself with the first map?

Someone

is this count as option B?

Ebon Heart

I'd say so. :P that's one of the few speed demon tricks in there. The teleporting creeper doesn't touch the dead center of that middle pit, so you can still nullify the gateway and dig the terrain out to get the LS through. That was one of the only intentional ones. If you're really good, a lot of the fighting up top isn't necessary, though the boss battle is a pain with drones attacking you from the top.

Link327

Just amazing.
Whoever is voting this map down is just not good enough to beat it.
Well, I also failed it. But i anyway think it is amazing :)
keep ATF going, i wanna see some more maps and some more TSFH-Soundtracks xD
Are you going to include the "Exodus", or "Strength of a Thousand Men" Tracks? Personally i like those two most.
Link327