Custom Map #989: Challenges: Ring of Death

Started by AutoPost, March 27, 2012, 03:01:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

teknotiss

done it.
wow
nice one J! :D
51m something secs
i'm going to rest my brain now, that map has been bugging me since about 10 mins after dl'ing it!
9/10 for that one
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

DeaconSlim

I can get all the emitters, not enough room to be safe, have energy and enough weapons to destroy the final 20 minute blow up

Link327

I really like this map, even if i failed it 3 times now.
I anyway vote it up, and i hate people voting this one down just cause they aren't able to beat it.
it is fun anyway, and i don't care about if it's now beaten or not.
Link327

DeaconSlim

Finally got this one...

Thanks Tekno for a hint.

Still took me a few times, but finally got it.

GREAT MAP!

Ebon Heart

I figured out the trick pretty easily, and it took me 2 or 3 times to get it right. After that I rage quit after the emitters erupted at 10 minutes and I hadn't saved. I may give this one another go.
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

fitz

Quote from: Ebon Heart on April 02, 2012, 03:22:11 AM
I figured out the trick pretty easily, and it took me 2 or 3 times to get it right. After that I rage quit after the emitters erupted at 10 minutes and I hadn't saved. I may give this one another go.

Rage quit - I'm glad others do this. There is a behaviour I have when a map is hard which is to hate it, quit and decide to never play it again. A few hours later I come back to it with a few new ideas and beat it. These become my favourite maps.

J

I like to see the downloads going over 900 with tons of negative votes and only positive comments :P
Every time I have a new challenging idea I play it to find out the easiest way of doing and adjust the difficulty to medium-hard. Creating maps this way gives puzzle maps like this.

Another way to beat this map is digging a small hole and defend it for 10-60 minutes. But you still have to solve the puzzle to do it this way ;)

To kill the emitters you can go for an easy nullify:
- - C
- T E
- S D
T N T

T: terrain
-: nothing
C: creeper
N: nothing/nullifier
E: emitter
S: shield
D: dig this and build the nullifier

teknotiss

Quote from: fitz on April 02, 2012, 03:52:29 AM
Quote from: Ebon Heart on April 02, 2012, 03:22:11 AM

Rage quit - I'm glad others do this. There is a behaviour I have when a map is hard which is to hate it, quit and decide to never play it again. A few hours later I come back to it with a few new ideas and beat it. These become my favourite maps.

lol me too!
sometimes i leave a rage inducing map for a few days or a week.
others i ask for help! ;)
this is a new fav of mine
and i'm going to retry and see if i can get a better score/time.
thanks J. a great map and really puzzling.
thanks link. i would have given up if you hadn't helped, and i wouldn't have been able to help deacon either.
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

hadaly

Incredible map! I thought it was impossible... but I got it! I have bad score but at least I have it! great map!

teknotiss

Quote from: hadaly on May 13, 2012, 10:34:44 AM
Incredible map! I thought it was impossible... but I got it! I have bad score but at least I have it! great map!
that's the attitude dude!  ;)
keep at it!

ctuna

Finally got a few clues from here, got all the emitters before 10 minutes, so missed the "surprise". I don't get how anyone can defeat it in 6+ minutes. Even 12 seems a miracle to me, but I'm not very efficient with energy, even after playing this and CW1 from almost the beginning. Guess some of us have it and some don't. Still, a really good time playing it, J. Keep it up!

Kithros

The 7 minute time is 100% definitely hacked, considering there's creeper on the left side of the map that's unreachable and won't die until 9:56. The other times should be possible if you build up reactors quickly and such, but don't take the 7 minute time seriously.

Katra

Killed all the emitters; then the whole ball of creeper blew up at 20 min. I won't be wasting any more time on this.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

J

Does that mean another downvote? Will get me to 80 then :D
Try to build as many reactors as fast as possible, nullify the emitters quickly and build some launchers in meantime. You shouldn't use blasters to kill that ball if you have some energy left, build another launcher instead. Turn double speed on and you should have enough time to kill it.
Quote from: Kithros on June 21, 2012, 02:28:29 AM
The 7 minute time is 100% definitely hacked, considering there's creeper on the left side of the map that's unreachable and won't die until 9:56. The other times should be possible if you build up reactors quickly and such, but don't take the 7 minute time seriously.
The creeper at the left is killed when you kill the emitters, and you can do that before 9:56 (haven't tested if it is possible to kill them that fast)

fitz

Quote from: J on June 29, 2012, 02:53:54 AM
Does that mean another downvote? Will get me to 80 then :D

Yes, congratulations. If it helps this map would certainly make my top 3 list of all time.