Max out production

Started by Bad Skillet, January 04, 2010, 10:51:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Skillet

Playing Loki.  Not using Thor.  Building lots of reactors and a line of blasters.  At some point the saturation was at 200-250.  I continued to build reactors and it would not go down.  I actually had storage and it would not go down.  My theory is the game would only produce a maximum number of units per second.  I should have been producting units like gang-busters (60+ per second), but was still in saturation.

Karsten75

This is a feature of the game.

Odin City can only disperse 32 packets per "second." Even that is already an upgrade from the initial 16 packets/second.

SO it does not matter how much you have in storage or can produce, you cannot get a rate of more than 32 packets/second arriving at your units. And if your blasters are firing like gangbusters, that doesn't leave much over. In fact, you can have starvation from simply having too many blasters requesting ammo and Odin City being unable to fulfill packet requests.

It is thus pointless to construct energy sources  much over the 32 units/second limit. Once you are at or a little over that limit, you will always have as much energy as Odin City can disperse.