How exactly are custom ships encoded to PRPL data?

Started by kajacx, November 25, 2016, 03:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kajacx

Just for fun, this is what happens when your coding goes horribly wrong.

Casual 4 HQs
[close]
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

Keeper Decagon

Quote from: kajacx on February 23, 2017, 08:30:30 AM
Just for fun, this is what happens when your coding goes horribly wrong.

Casual 4 HQs
[close]

Haha, this can also be done without coding. Simply click on the normal HQ, open the ships tab (in editor), then click "Add Ship to Inventory" a few times.

Just thought I'd share that little tidbit.
"For me, there is no honour or glory. No praise to be had for what I do. I fulfill my purpose for the protection of all... neither of us are going to make it out of here alive." - ?? ??, 145th CE

kajacx

Quote from: Keeper Decagon on February 23, 2017, 09:14:09 AM
Haha, this can also be done without coding. Simply click on the normal HQ, open the ships tab (in editor), then click "Add Ship to Inventory" a few times.

LOL, you can even move the big blue command module around, I'll definitely find out how to put that on custom ships, it's gonna be great. It seems like a special module that isn't avaliable in the editor (nothing interesting there), but doesn't collide with other modules when you place it.

This could lead to people creating custom HQ's for their maps, thanks for the tip.
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

kajacx

Quote from: Dark Ambition on February 23, 2017, 09:39:30 AM
Waaaaaayyyyyy ahead of you :P

Cool, but does any of your ships have 4 HQs? :D
4 HQs insta-building ship
[close]

If you are wondering how on Earth did I do this, check out my Custom ship builder (shameless self-promotion FTW), I'll upload version 0.1.3 later tonight where you will be able to do this as well.