CW2 DAY 16

Started by jasonlewis1988, September 23, 2011, 11:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasonlewis1988

I have been trying for a few days now to beat the map, but, I noticed that the timer stating when the phantoms comes is off by about 1 whole minute.  I can not last longer then a couple minutes, because the phantoms destroy my shields and my ship.

This is a MAJOR problem.  I am using the latest update, I think it is something like 0343.

If anyone else is having this problem, KC needs to be told, and if I am the only one with this issue, then I would like to know how to fix it.

I have un-installed and re-installed it twice, just to make sure.

cclloyd9785

You could use repulsors instead of shields in a couple places, but it is totally possible to get phantom coils up early enough.  If you look at the youtube video (search  "CW2 day 16") you could see how someone else did it.

Kithros

The timer for the phantoms says the first wave comes at 3 minutes, then it comes every minute afterward - which is exactly what it does in game for me.. As long as you build things in the right order and avoid deficits etc. 3 minutes is much more than enough time to prepare for the phantoms.

EDIT: Maybe you're mistaking the timer being a minute off for the *next wave* after the sirens go off being a minute away?

Grauniad

Check out this YouTube video and see if it helps:
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

crazyone76

this may be a little dumb question but..
you do know you have to build phantom coils to destroy phantoms right?
go Dutch
go Netherlands
Holland ftw!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F0R

Quote from: crazyone76 on October 01, 2011, 10:55:07 AM

yes you do

Fisherck

Quote from: F0R on October 02, 2011, 08:07:18 PM
Quote from: crazyone76 on October 01, 2011, 10:55:07 AM

yes you do

He was asking jasonlewis1988 that question, not the general public... :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

The Gas Man !!!

This is Hard Map but fun  ;)

JF-T

The first thing you do is obviously retreat underground, and then you need to grab the gems, and just build nothing but 1 blaster and a whole bunch of reactors (not on the blue X, get's destroyed eventually) you need to go underground, but after you are doing well enough to repell the creeper and drones, is when you make some phantom coils, but i'll be showing my way to do it in my playthrough of the game.
I hope this helps if anyone still has this problem, if it can or does, i'm awful at describing levels i hate xD
Can't do ANY MapMod stuff due to losing my copy of CW1/2. Also known as Commander-Strife, IIIStrife, and StormyFacade.

CW2 Custom Maps

danielle

>^.^< not that obvious.. i fled to the upper right corner.. built a pair of turrents to survive the flood... then spent an hour with those two turrents, a missile launcher and 3 phantom coils nibbling away at creeper thinking their had to be a better way.. fleeing underground was never something i thought of giggle

Mr.H

danielle please don't necromance (post in old threads) threads, thx

Mr.H
Good evening/morning/night/afternoon
You are now reading my signature...
Stop reading IT!

Grauniad

If a new poster comes here on the basis of having difficulty with a particular map level, they are more than welcome to post an on-topic message in such a thread.

Welcome danielle.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

2b3o4o

First of all, remember to pause a lot since this is a timed map. First, dig through that narrow bar of terrain, next, build a wall of shields to replace it, try to do these things while the liberation ship is in motion. Grab a crystal and start building reactors, when you get low on crystals, grab the rest, remember to replace shields when they get low. Try to have five repulsers and enough reactors to support them by the time the third shield wall collapses, and feel free to build stuff near the creeper below you, it isn't a threat until you make it one. Try to get a mortar and later a couple blasters to destroy that creeper on top.

After that is the frozen creeper, for this you should have at-least nine blasters and two mortars, I don't think I have to explain beyond that...

Now we have relatively uninteresting fields to deal with, my only suggestions are to attack both ways at the same time, make sure your mortars are close enough to do some damage, and try to do this as quickly as possible since your weapons will likely take lots of damage.

This last part isn't as hard as it looks, the creeper does block your packets, but you can fix that by building a micro-rift in each pocket of free space, other than that this part should be pretty easy.
I hope this helped...