Let us rate user maps when they're finished (like CW3)

Started by IanD, February 12, 2017, 08:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IanD

In CW3, when you finished a map, the detail page was shown again, and you could rate it at that point. This convenient opportunity is missing in PF, so I have to adjust the filters to show finished maps, hide non-played maps, then hunt down the map I just did in order to rate.

Also, on the subject of ratings, another feature of CW3 was the ability to see my own ratings for completed maps. Very useful - it meant I knew which maps were worth replaying.

GoodMorning

This has been suggested already, but has not yet occurred. We can still hope, however.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

kajacx

To be honest I was shocked when I found out that this wasn't present at launch. It's such a no-brainer for me to have this in your game, why would you require your players to search again for each map they have just played to rate it?

BTW I like this thread much more than the original, since the request is right to the point. Also it would be interesing to hear from V why this hasn't been resolved yet. Does he think this is not that imporant? Or is it that hard to navigate the player to a spacific map? You already get navigated to a map when you click on in on the map selection screen, so why not after you finish a game?
Why do work yourself, when you can write a program that will do the work for you.

GoodMorning

Possibly the fact that new versions are hard to get out to everyone?

Many non-Steam users will still be running the initial release, which does not support Emitter delay. Some come here to ask how to finish maps, which are impossible with their version.

This feature is to be hoped for, but I seem to recall a note that there is intended to be exactly one more general update, including all of the accumulated bugfixes, additions, modifications, and removals. So we will likely be waiting until then.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.