Time units in the map editor

Started by Michionlion, August 18, 2011, 07:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michionlion

(off topic, i know, but i didn't want to start a needless new one.  somebody should just make a map editor help topic.)   this has probably been covered before, but what exactly to the time units that you use correlate to?  like how many units is a second, and so on.

Edit: Split off as it is a separate topic. :)  -G.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Fisherck

Quote from: Michionlion on August 18, 2011, 07:39:54 PM
(off topic, i know, but i didn't want to start a needless new one.  somebody should just make a map editor help topic.)   this has probably been covered before, but what exactly to the time units that you use correlate to?  like how many units is a second, and so on.
That would frames per a second you are talking about. And that would be 24 frames in a second (I believe... ;)).
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ranakastrasz

(off topic, i know, but i didn't want to start a needless new one.  somebody should just make a map editor help topic.)   this has probably been covered before, but what exactly to the time units that you use correlate to?  like how many units is a second, and so on.
I think its 30 frames a second actually.

Fisherck

Quote from: Ranakastrasz on August 18, 2011, 07:45:35 PM
I think its 30 frames a second actually.

Your right. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Michionlion

so 30 time units = 1 second.  got it. someone should post that someone.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Ranakastrasz

Quote from: Michionlion on August 18, 2011, 08:23:56 PM
so 30 time units = 1 second.  got it. someone should post that someone.

I just did :p

Although, the unit-database sticky in the General forum seems like it ought to have all of this information, though It would have to be extended to be *generic-database* sticky xd