Main Menu

Mute music

Started by Dark Ambition, June 04, 2017, 02:33:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dark Ambition

Small complaint: Muting all music does not mute the "Victory" or "Defeat" screen music.

This makes it difficult to overlay music over a video without it getting interrupted, because I still need the other sounds in the game.

GoodMorning

I'm fairly sure this discussion has been had - some people considered the victory music to be a tactical notifier, rather than background.

I usually keep my system mute on (out of politeness), so I cannot comment.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Dark Ambition

Quote from: GoodMorning on June 04, 2017, 03:19:37 AM
I'm fairly sure this discussion has been had - some people considered the victory music to be a tactical notifier, rather than background.

I usually keep my system mute on (out of politeness), so I cannot comment.

I guess I should have looked around first, in hindsight.

Though the happy "You win!" tune doesn't blend well with a depressing soundtrack.

"All that you know is gone... everyone you care about is dead... only you can-CONGRATULATIONS! YOU ARE VICTORIOUS! YOU DESERVE A MEDAL, GOLD, JEWELS! YOOOUUU WIIIN!!!!-carry the burden of what once was..."

GoodMorning

I did, but couldn't find the thread to link to it.

Is it perhaps practical to zero the main soundtrack volume over that section before overlaying the music?

strigvir

Depressing soundtrack? Outside of Prologue all other tracks are upbeat compared to CW3.

GoodMorning

Dark Ambition

Quote from: strigvir on June 13, 2017, 01:37:51 AM
Depressing soundtrack? Outside of Prologue all other tracks are upbeat compared to CW3.

Well, it is the prologue to my series that i'm making.

Though i'm now considering just uploading it as a map instead of making a prepared video. Though it needs some scripting that i'm not sure how to do yet.

GoodMorning