Super Tower by J

Started by Wheatmidge, October 27, 2013, 06:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wheatmidge

I am curious how this level is possible One person has a score on it, but I can not figure out how I can nullify the moving thing if it removes the ammo from my nullifyer and kills it

NNR_Alex

My memory is rusty, but I think there's actually a video of this on youtube, virgil posted it for one of his blogs.  If it wasn't that one, it was similar.

Wheatmidge

That was Super tower 2.
That one the towers are moving and invisible.

But I don't understand the first one.

Ceraus

I had a hard time wrapping my head around that too.

I know I did manage to kill the super-tower two weeks ago, though. I can distinctly remember being killed by the ensuing four-corner spore spam; I had to give up, intending to restart from scratch later.

Yet when I loaded my save just now to prove the super-tower could be killed, I couldn't. Huh.

J

I also had a very hard time tweaking it so it was beatable :P
You should kill the initial tower fast to prevent the digitalis from moving into your base, while you should also build up a lot of power to prevent the spores from hitting your base. Note that the initial tower slowly increases spore output while the four corner towers slowly decrease spore output.

If you have trouble killing the moving tower, put cannons around your nullifier so they'll lose their ammo and health. And keep runners away from your nullifier.
Spoiler
The max health of your weapons will slowly increase while the super tower is damaging it.
[close]

Ceraus

Quote from: J on October 28, 2013, 05:11:07 AMput cannons around your nullifier so they'll lose their ammo and health

Right, that's how I had done it. The super-tower only drains the closest of your units.

I'll have to get back to that mission someday.

Teilzeitphilosoph

I m not sure if you still need help but I just finished the map...with blood, sweat and tears and lots of luck.
Took me like 34 restarts because the nullifier got "blocked" by these runners so it´s just trial and error....and save your game every 5 seconds. :)

Tjgalon

I ended up beating the moving, and it game me a complete and then seem like a 2nd wave of stuff happen, but I got the win anyways.

J

Quote from: Tjgalon on March 05, 2014, 11:35:33 PM
I ended up beating the moving, and it game me a complete and then seem like a 2nd wave of stuff happen, but I got the win anyways.
Yes there is a second 'wave', and you shouldn't get the win before that. Anyways, that second wave is below my own quality standard, so be happy you could skip it =)

Tjgalon

Well I really have enjoyed your maps, J, I only need to beat Super tower 2 and Xeniveral to have all your beat. Quiz I don't count, cause that not normal gameplay, hehe.

Teilzeitphilosoph

Xeniveral was actually pretty easy if you start like in the screenshot and then work your way down to the...what is it called? Bosstower. ^^

And Super Tower 2 is on Youtube. :)

fortissimo

I know this is an old thread, but hoping to get some help.  Twice I've played this level and destroyed the little moving bastard with a nullifier.  But I don't get the win, and the level just keeps going with an insane number of spores being let out from the 4 corners of the screen and an insane number of crawlers.  I can last at least 10 minutes after that, but it just keeps getting infinitely worse until finally everything is destroyed.  Then I don't get the win.  How the heck is this level supposed to be beaten?

J

A screenshot of you base when entering the second phase would help in giving advise as I am currently unable to give much more hints than already in this thread. For sure I know it's beatable, and since you now know there's a second wave, you might be able to prepare for that a bit better.

From what I remember, the runners spawned are much stronger if there are many runners, but their spawn rate is decreased (so killing more runners means more weaker runners spawn). Also, don't go after all corners at once, but take them one by one (going right and then up or down looks easiest to me). Taking them out really takes them out completely, no surprises after that, so you might want to rush one.

Quote from: J on March 06, 2014, 07:45:48 AM
Anyways, that second wave is below my own quality standard