Oddness after destroying a Forge

Started by mykael, January 11, 2014, 02:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mykael

Accidentally managed to destroy my forge half way through a game (by hitting the Destroy button to exit the forge menu  :( ). Sort of threw a spanner in the works.

The tech seemed to survive the destruction of the forge, as did it's store of Aether points.

Built a replacement forge in the same place.

As soon as the new forge came online, all my tech levels dropped to 0 and the Aether count reset itself to 0.  ???
Something of a bigger spanner...

Grauniad

Interesting. Might test it sometime. You are supposed to lose all capabilities conferred by the Forge, but I don't know if anyone actually explicitly tested exactly "when" that happens. It should have happened on the destruction event, not when the new one was being constructed.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

J

Quickfix: add confirm message to forge's destroy button :)

knucracker

I'm not initially able to reproduce this (not on the latest version anyway).  Maybe it was an issue in an earlier version, or maybe there is some special way of destroying the forge or some other prerequisite (like saving and loading a game or something).  I'll try a few more things...

--edit--
The only issue I have found so far is that after building the replacement forge the Aether number on the button shows the old Aether amount.  That corrects itself once you click the button.  It isn't an actual amount of aether, just a visual issue.

So, I can build a forge and buy upgrades.  Then I can destroy the forge.  When I do the forge button disappears and all of the upgrades on the units go back down.  When I build a replacement forge the forge button reappears and will show the old aether amount.  If I click the button or otherwise access the forge menu, the number goes down to zero.