Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1003: Void Stronghold V1.1

Author: Bones
Size: 256x100

Desc:

ljw1004

Thrilling map!

At first I thought it would be boring because I could eliminate 90% of the creeper emitters easily.

But then the tables turned and I had to retreat to my stronghold. Then the tables turned again and I realized the creeper had its own seriously strong stronghold.

Really exciting. I love the drama in this map.

Loren Pechtel

Quote from: ljw1004 on August 08, 2014, 04:29:58 PM
Thrilling map!

At first I thought it would be boring because I could eliminate 90% of the creeper emitters easily.

But then the tables turned and I had to retreat to my stronghold. Then the tables turned again and I realized the creeper had its own seriously strong stronghold.

Really exciting. I love the drama in this map.

90%???  That would mean you killed all but one.  Most of the spores are easy kills but I only see three easy emitter kills.

I see no way to kill the west emitters other than with special weapons.  I killed all the west spore towers early and when I managed to push the creeper off my area I used those PZs to bottle up the west emitters.  That left the nullifier as the only serious threat.  One PZ bertha kept it from spilling into space at which point it ceased to be a big problem, I could get close enough to nullify the anti-air and then I could strafe it enough to use that PZ to nail it.   (Cannons on the PZs to the north also helped keep it down.)

RrR

Six emitters are trivial to kill - either inactive for several minutes or safe behind walls. The four emitters in the west can be ignored. That leaves the weak emitter in the mid north that is easily killed, and the powerful emitter behind the inhibitor. The inhibitor doesn't activate for a few minutes... work fast and it will never activate.

Bones

I was going to make a new harder map, but now i feel like making this one hard. Anyone want a hard version of this one?