Custom Map #1000: The Archive. By: planetfall

Started by AutoPost, August 06, 2014, 11:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helper

Thanks PF - I tried that early on in the game with no result. Left the game and came back, now it works.
Weird science (on my part).
Appreciate the assist.
H

DestinyAtlantis

Well, the only thing i can think of is that i need to upgrade the game (Dark Beam map's Dark Beam doesn't work for me, mortars didn't get any visual changes with that repulsion field .....)

Grayzzur

"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

mzimmer74

I'm always amazed by the genius ideas PF comes up with.  Another awesome map!
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

planetfall

Quote from: mzimmer74 on August 09, 2014, 11:09:30 AM
I'm always amazed by the genius ideas PF comes up with.  Another awesome map!

I didn't "come up with" this, it's more a throwback to CW1 than anything else. But thanks anyway!
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

ljw1004

REVIEW: This map starts out great. It's small, and focused, and a challenge, and you have to marshal all your limited sets of units carefully. I love this kind of thing.

The tech upgrades are novel and interesting.

Ultimately the game dragged at the end. I never realized how dependent I've become on "5/5 range and rate-of-fire" upgrades to make the end-game pass quicker. In their absence, the second half of the game dragged - small number of units, having to move them all step by step, but never any real challenge.

It was also a shame that the final three tech upgrades came when I had already basically conquered the map and didn't even need them. I'd have enjoyed playing with them more.

mzimmer74

Quote from: ljw1004 on August 09, 2014, 08:38:08 PM

It was also a shame that the final three tech upgrades came when I had already basically conquered the map and didn't even need them. I'd have enjoyed playing with them more.

There is a way to get them...
Spoiler

You can "charge" them up with guppies so simply drop guppies next to them and send them back to the base right before they blow up.  It will take several trips, but it's a way to get the upgrades without waiting until the end.
[close]
Omnipotence doesn't mean the ability to do what is logically impossible. It's possible, therefore, for God to create beings with the kind of free will that can choose between good and evil, but he can't also force those creatures to choose good. If he forced their choice, it wouldn't be free.

tornado

That's cheating
A solution to that is to place anti air towers with the same range as a connection or have the cprl do it automatically
Now CEO of Particular Endeavors. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=23752.new#new
We apologize for all inconveniences that we caused.
Quotefirst, you have to imagine a very big box, fitting inside a very samll box.
then, you have to build one

Flabort

Quote from: mzimmer74 on August 10, 2014, 08:00:07 AM
Quote from: ljw1004 on August 09, 2014, 08:38:08 PM

There is a way to get them...
Spoiler

You can "charge" them up with guppies so simply drop guppies next to them and send them back to the base right before they blow up.  It will take several trips, but it's a way to get the upgrades without waiting until the end.
[close]
Spoiler
I let mine blow up and then just sent them back when they rebuilt. Did you know that rebuilding them is actually faster then them flying back? Takes less mouse clicks, too.
[close]
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

stdout

Spoiler
I sent my guppies back and forth from one upgrade to the other. They heal while they are in flight so that when they arrived at the next destination they were healed and ready for action again. I had 4 guppies going at once and I played air traffic controller. It didn't feel like cheating at all. In fact, I felt like the solution was very much in keeping with the feel of the map.
[close]

Lo

Mexxor

Quote from: stdout on August 11, 2014, 01:55:53 PM
Spoiler
I sent my guppies back and forth from one upgrade to the other. They heal while they are in flight so that when they arrived at the next destination they were healed and ready for action again. I had 4 guppies going at once and I played air traffic controller. It didn't feel like cheating at all. In fact, I felt like the solution was very much in keeping with the feel of the map.
[close]

4 guppies? 2 is the limit though
I usally pause/unpause till the guppy is at exactly zero % health ^^
Also, I don't know from where to where you sent them but when i tried to do the same they would only be at like 50%, not full health  :P

Also, third upgrade for mortars makes every fifth shot a double one, right?
(Tested that and yes it does make every fifth shot a double)
Something interesting (maybe), I powerzoned a mortar, to make the doubleshots more frequent (since the mortar fires faster) and I needed to kill some digi so I put it on digiduty, every fifth shot, one bullet on digi, one on normal creeper.
Anyways, GREAT MAP TO PLAY
"Tell people there's an invisible man in the sky who created the universe, and the vast majority will believe you. Tell them the paint is wet, and they have to touch it to be sure."
― George Carlin