Custom Map #1000: The Archive. By: planetfall

Started by AutoPost, August 06, 2014, 11:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1000: The Archive

Author: planetfall
Size: 144x144

Desc:
Who says you need a forge for upgrades? #CRPL #Spores #Digitalis #Runners #TechLimits

Asbestos

Oh, I bet you waited for #1000 this whole time. At least it wasn't another horrible achievement map.

Karsten75

Congratulations on achieving the 1,000th upload to Colonial Space. :)

Flabort

Why are there Aether packets scattered around if there's no forge?
I guess I'll have to play to find out.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

stdout

Is there a way to hide the "Tech Points" green panel in the top-left of the screen? It is obscuring the game.

planetfall

Quote from: stdout on August 06, 2014, 04:43:31 PM
Is there a way to hide the "Tech Points" green panel in the top-left of the screen? It is obscuring the game.

Click the top part where it shows the number of tech points you have, it will hide the main part of the panel.
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Lost in Nowhere

The upgrades that allow you to use more of a unit don't seem to work...
Don't die! :)

DestinyAtlantis

Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on August 06, 2014, 05:50:10 PM
It does work for the Cannons, it doesn't work for Mortars, and i have no idea about snipers (they aren't a priority for me)
Spoiler
You can get most/all of the Tech Points by using guppies, 4 trips with one guppy is enough for every tech point (15 packets before the guppy gets to 5% hp)*4=60
[close]
Btw, how do i make sure that the field on the mortars works?

planetfall

Quote from: DestinyAtlantis on August 06, 2014, 06:18:35 PM
Quote from: Lost in Nowhere on August 06, 2014, 05:50:10 PM
It does work for the Cannons, it doesn't work for Mortars, and i have no idea about snipers (they aren't a priority for me)
Spoiler
You can get most/all of the Tech Points by using guppies, 4 trips with one guppy is enough for every tech point (15 packets before the guppy gets to 5% hp)*4=60
[close]
Btw, how do i make sure that the field on the mortars works?

There should be a shield image around landed mortars.

Not sure what's going on with the mortar build limit upgrade. It works for me, anyway... is your game updated to the newest version? That's all I can think of.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

stdout

The mortar limit upgrade worked for me. It was the first one I used. I love the shield upgrade around the mortar.

This is an awesome map. Definitely worthy to be map #1,000. I dread to think what my final time is going to be once I finally finish the map. It's definitely going to get a second play from me.

Helper

I'm up to 5 Tech Points and still no upgrades on any unit.
Trying to limp by with the ridiculous number of units allowed.
Not doing much on the old fun meter.

planetfall

Quote from: Helper on August 06, 2014, 08:02:36 PM
I'm up to 5 Tech Points and still no upgrades on any unit.
Trying to limp by with the ridiculous number of units allowed.
Not doing much on the old fun meter.

Just to clarify - are you intentionally not getting any upgrades, or have you bought some upgrades and they're not working?

Helper

Thanks for responding.

Lord help me!
Not limping along on purpose.
How do I 'buy' an upgrade?

Loren Pechtel

Interesting idea.  Too much of a slog, though.  The best time is over 2 hours.

planetfall

Quote from: Helper on August 06, 2014, 08:32:56 PM
Thanks for responding.

Lord help me!
Not limping along on purpose.
How do I 'buy' an upgrade?

Each of the pictures in the grid at the top left is an upgrade. At first only the top row is available. Left click on one to buy it and unlock the upgrade below it. (if you hid the panel before, just click it again to re-show it.)