Started by AutoPost, October 22, 2011, 02:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #352: Modified Code Map #2

Author: Slooch

Desc:
Now with enhanced fields

UmberGryphon

How do you deal with an emitter that generates 39M of creeper per second (59.6Mc/1.5s) without experimentals?  I've banged on it every way I can think of, and I'm just not making progress....

Kithros

Quote from: UmberGryphon on October 22, 2011, 04:39:00 AM
How do you deal with an emitter that generates 39M of creeper per second (59.6Mc/1.5s) without experimentals?  I've banged on it every way I can think of, and I'm just not making progress....

Lots of repulsors, lots of launchers. It's actually possible to deal with emitters much much more powerful than that without experimentals - the most I've dealt with is a 201M/1.5s emitter (because that's the highest I've seen in a code map without experimentals - not because I'm not able to deal with more).

This is me dealing with a 201M intensity emitter:

Spoiler
[close]

In this case it was in a small corner so there wasn't really an advancing part to it (I simply massed lots of shields while getting the density under control - but when you do need to advance through the creeper, you want to use the fewest blasters/repulsors you can to make sure the launchers are still hitting roughly 250K density creeper (maybe a bit higher than 250K since some of your launchers will probably target the same spaces), and move forward whenever the density dies down a bit. When nullifying you'll need a lot more blasters/repulsors, and burst all the anti-creeper you have.

EDIT: Oh, a few other things to note - normally you can only send out 60 packets per second, but when you have crystals you can send out any amount (without using the crystals as long as you have the energy), and also, once you have finished upgrading everything important, destroy your tech domes and replace them with more reactors (you don't need to max out things like ore storage) - as for judging which upgrades are important, that gets a bit complicated but if you aren't playing for time then feel free to just upgrade everything before destroying the tech domes.

Slooch

Well, yes, this is a very tough one... I did have to modify it several times to make it possible for "me" to complete...

I know there are way better players out there so, If I can finish, then they certainly can...

My best tips are

1. Tech up as fast as you can... and upgrade what you need...

2. Move up fast, and hit that dense creeper, with as much firepower as you can.