Custom Map #110: Survival

Started by AutoPost, August 28, 2011, 05:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #110: Survival

Author: florrat

Desc:
You have to survive for 20 minutes while an increasing number of drones, phantoms and fields will appear. Difficulty: Hard

Kithros

The best defense...

Spoiler
[close]

florrat

Whoa, nice! Not that it was unexpected to see something like this from you... Maybe I had to defend the gateways also with some huge amount of creeper held there by fields... I think the rest of the map will be not hard any more if you've come that far (the drone and phantom waves become really big, but you don't have to worry about that anymore). Congrats ;)

EDIT: I also didn't knew that shield would stop creeper teleporting to some area. I thought the creeper would then spawn under the shield, thus destroying the shield immediately... Good to know!

snowmaker (JM)

BayernBursche

Ok, throw me a bone, I have not been able to get this one.  Are there any walk throughs on you tube?

snowmaker (JM)

Quote from: BayernBursche on October 22, 2011, 12:51:09 PM
Ok, throw me a bone, I have not been able to get this one.  Are there any walk throughs on you tube?

I don't know about youtube.... but I approached this map similar to the Kithros pic

Spoiler
Look in the editor to find out where creeper is being transported to.... and put shields there. That will give you more time to build. If I remember right, you really have to be fast with this map. There are a few surprises along the way  ;) so save often
[close]

Kithros

Well, you can be fast and just kill them off, I don't know how hard the drone waves are later on but I think simply defending should work well enough too - no real tricks, just be sure to build as many reactors as you can using as little to defend as possible early on (the first few drone waves I recommend just using shields so you can spend more of your energy working on reactors - if you run the math including the energy production of reactors shields are vastly more cost efficient for drones as long as you have room to build more reactors), and then mass up blasters/repulsors/launchers etc. - 20 minutes in the dark beam tech will be made available and it's simple enough to clear everything up with a dark beam.