Ebon Heart
11 (28.9%)
thepenguin
10 (26.3%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: October 12, 2011, 09:03:50 AM

Shroom Agent 27

Quote from: virgilw on October 10, 2011, 04:47:05 PM
Disqualification is off.  Disdisqualified, or I suppose simply qualified :)

Okay then. Now, can we get back to the topic of voting and nominating?

Grauniad

I would suggest that what Kamron did was equivalent to having out-of-town carpetbaggers* come in to vote. Now that this behavior has been exposed, there are two questions that remain.

1. Will he have the chutzpah to still want to be included in the vote?

2. Will the regular members of the forum want to be moderated by someone who was elected by people with no skin in the game?

I call on Kamron to voluntarily withdraw from the election and for all regular forum members to withdraw their votes from Kamron. For those that frequent these forums and want to vote for Kamron, I'd like to hear what they think he brings to the table after this deplorable incident.

*From Merriam-Webster definition for carpetbagger:
outsider; especially : a nonresident or new resident who seeks private gain from an area often by meddling in its business or politics
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lich98

Quote from: Grauniad on October 10, 2011, 07:03:24 PM
I would suggest that what Kamron did was equivalent to having out-of-town carpetbaggers* come in to vote. Now that this behavior has been exposed, there are two questions that remain.

1. Will he have the chutzpah to still want to be included in the vote?

2. Will the regular members of the forum want to be moderated by someone who was elected by people with no skin in the game?

I call on Kamron to voluntarily withdraw from the election and for all regular forum members to withdraw their votes from Kamron. For those that frequent these forums and want to vote for Kamron, I'd like to hear what they think he brings to the table after this deplorable incident.

*From Merriam-Webster definition for carpetbagger:
outsider; especially : a nonresident or new resident who seeks private gain from an area often by meddling in its business or politics
I don't mid if he runs, infact i say he doesn't need to withdraw. There was a misunderstanding and Virgil said you will have to have a min, number of post to count. No reason that he can't keep himself in.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Grauniad

Quote from: lich98 on October 10, 2011, 07:27:22 PM
I don't mid if he runs, infact i say he doesn't need to withdraw. There was a misunderstanding and Virgil said you will have to have a min, number of post to count. No reason that he can't keep himself in.

It is clear that my sense of ethical behavior differs from yours. :) The "misunderstanding" was with whether the handles registered to vote belonged to Kamron. As it was, they were not Kamron's, but outsiders he asked to register, specifically to vote on his behalf.

As a chat room user, do you want a mod that was voted on by people that will never be in chat? And why would anyone want to be a mod so badly that they would ask people from school to register purely to vote?

lich98

lol kamron. @grauniad i don't mind that he did that, to me that is the same thing as advertising on TV with real elections
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Kamron3

Quote from: lich98 on October 10, 2011, 07:43:20 PM
lol kamron. @grauniad i don't mind that he did that, to me that is the same thing as advertising on TV with real elections

I'd like to point out that this is no different than asking a person to register to vote so that they can vote for me in a real election.

lich98

Quote from: Kamron3 on October 10, 2011, 07:43:46 PM

I'd like to point out that this is no different than asking a person to register to vote so that they can vote for me in a real election.
I said the same thing!!
-Walt Disney
-Yogi Berra

Fisherck

Quote from: lich98 on October 10, 2011, 07:44:34 PM
Quote from: Kamron3 on October 10, 2011, 07:43:46 PM

I said the same thing!!

Not really. It does not effect the voters in any way. A better comparison would be having someone from Europe come over to the US and vote on the person they want, and then go back to Europe. The end result of the vote does not effect them in any way. :)
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Kamron3

False, Fish. They were actually previous players of CW:US and a few played CW:TS. Who says they wouldn't have came back? I pitch CW/CW2 to them all the time.

All of them have played CW:US or CW:TS to some extent.

Trot_Rot

friend of kamron here, he be legit. he nags us to play these all the time.

UpperKEES

To me it remains cheating. It doesn't matter if they have played CW:TS or CW:US; they have never joined the forums or chat before and I think it should be the CW community who decides.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

MadMag

It is cheating, and I will never be modded by Kamron, but that has little to do about the cheating actually.

Grauniad

Since no-one has nominated ThePenguin, I'll do so... :)

Kamron3

Quote from: UpperKEES on October 11, 2011, 01:49:29 AM
To me it remains cheating. It doesn't matter if they have played CW:TS or CW:US; they have never joined the forums or chat before and I think it should be the CW community who decides.

Quote from: MadMag on October 11, 2011, 02:43:34 AM
It is cheating, and I will never be modded by Kamron, but that has little to do about the cheating actually.

Quote from: virgilw on October 10, 2011, 04:15:01 PM
This doesn't violate any stated conditions of the poll.

Karsten75

Quote from: Kamron3 on October 11, 2011, 10:27:50 AM
Quote from: UpperKEES on October 11, 2011, 01:49:29 AM

Quote from: MadMag on October 11, 2011, 02:43:34 AM

Quote from: virgilw on October 10, 2011, 04:15:01 PM
This doesn't violate any stated conditions of the poll.

But it violated every implied condition. And you know it you little unethical cheat. I was on these boards when you were a mod and I well remember how badly you did that job. The people that are voting for you are all newbies or your cronies that never expect to be on here and to be moderated by you.