Volume control for sound effects

Started by Karsten75, January 17, 2011, 12:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karsten75

CW1 allows only to modify the in-game music volume, leaving it up to the PC's volume controls to modify sound effects. If one wishes to listen to external music sources, this can be annoying or disruptive, as it seems not possible to reduce the game's sound volume while playing without also impacting the volume of all other applications on the the PC.

Please, can CW2 have discrete controls to modify game sound and game music?

Thank you! 

knucracker

What you described is a good reason to do it...
I'll see what I can do.

Kamron3

Well, on Windows 7 it allows you to control the sound of individual applications, but not everyone has Windows 7, so yes, I do believe that this is very good idea. :)

Echo51

Induvidual application sound was introduced back in XP, if not before unless im remembering wrong..?
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Grauniad

Unless you can provide a link, I think you misremember.  From what I recall one used to have little apps to do that. :) I'm not putting my head on the block here, but I think application sessions were introduced as part of Vista.

However, in-game volume control isn't that bad an idea, IMHO, especially if it has hotkeys for on-the-fly volume control. What's too loud one minute may not be loud enough the next.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

thepenguin

IT IS NOT PART OF XP!, at least not yet  ;)
We have become the creeper...

Kamron3

Quote from: thepenguin on January 17, 2011, 05:34:48 PM
IT IS NOT PART OF XP!, at least not yet  ;)
And it won't be unless you download 3rd party software. Get Windows 7 today!

thepenguin

[off-topic]lol[/off-topic]

I would really like a seperate sound effect volume control.
We have become the creeper...