Re-enable Images in Siggies + More Space

Started by Kamron3, January 11, 2011, 01:12:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kamron3

Re-enable the option for images in the sig line. If there's an inappropriate picture or something annoying, we can easily report the post and possibly get the image removed. Maximum 1 image not inside of a spoiler. So I could have 3 images inside of a spoiler, but it would be against the rules to have 3 images out side the spoiler.

Also, the 300 Max characters should be increased to 1000. Now that we have Spoiler tags we should be able to fit more stuff inside of it without it looking like a circus and stuff.

I believe that there is a mod for SMF-based forums that creates thumbnails for images that are too large to be seen on someone's computer, so they can browse without there being lopsided elements on a page.

Not sure what everyone else thinks about this, seeing as not many people usually use lots of characters, but I'm fairly sure that the max space increase could potentially be used like this:
Look at my Top 10 Favorite Maps!
Spoiler

Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan
Grab N Run - by Dan

[close]
(just used the same map because it's just an example)

Echo51

Just add a few height limits, and a photo limit, size related...
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

Grauniad

Quote from: Ichigo on January 11, 2011, 01:12:07 PM
Re-enable the option for images in the sig line.

Strongly not in favor of this. Your quoted example is precisely one of the reasons we don't have this option enabled.

And since you are on this issue of signatures (again), I'd like to remind you that your signature size is contravening the existing guidelines that has been in place since you were a moderator on this site.

Quote from: djcian on January 01, 2010, 12:14:51 PM
9. Keep Your Signature as small as possible. It is very hard to read a thread if somebodies signature is 20 lines high.
10. Try To Limit How Many Pictures You Put In A Post.

A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Kamron3

Quote from: Grauniad on January 11, 2011, 01:31:06 PM
Quote from: Ichigo on January 11, 2011, 01:12:07 PM
Re-enable the option for images in the sig line.

Strongly not in favor of this. Your quoted example is precisely one of the reasons we don't have this option enabled.

And since you are on this issue of signatures (again), I'd like to remind you that your signature size is contravening the existing guidelines that has been in place since you were a moderator on this site.

Quote from: djcian on January 01, 2010, 12:14:51 PM
9. Keep Your Signature as small as possible. It is very hard to read a thread if somebodies signature is 20 lines high.
10. Try To Limit How Many Pictures You Put In A Post.

No, what I'm saying is it could be very useful if someone has maps they'd like people to see. Putting it in a small spoiler prevents it from looking completely spammy.

Michionlion

i sort-of agree.  it would probably encurage spaming and stuff for noobs, but if people used it responsivly then i think it would be great.
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Blaze

Maybe not images, but increasing the character limit and making most of the stuff to be in a spoiler tag would be okay with me.

thepenguin

how about the spoiler tag auto-encloses everything, and people have to push the button to see your sig, that way it can be as long as you want
We have become the creeper...

Kamron3

Quote from: thepenguin on January 12, 2011, 08:27:13 AM
how about the spoiler tag auto-encloses everything, and people have to push the button to see your sig, that way it can be as long as you want
Nah, I don't like that.
But I do agree with Blaze. If there can be a compromise on extending the siggy length while having no images, that would be equally fine.