Weekly 5-map tournament - Ancient Ones - Closing 2012-02-05

Started by Lord_Farin, January 24, 2012, 06:06:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord_Farin

This tournament has a running time of about two weeks. Some maps may be hard, but I have tried to keep them feasible.

A few useful links:
All Tournaments
Code Map Scoreboard
Tournament Score Tool

Theme:
Ancient Ones (H.G. Lovecraft)

Map Name:Size:Complexity:
CthulhuSmallHigh
AzathothSmallHigh
NyarlathotepMediumMedium
Shub-NiggurathLargeHigh
GhatanothoaMediumHigh

[An edit was processed to restore the correct name 'Azathoth' for the second mission. My apparent inability to handle mopa42's tool was to blame; I'm sorry]

Standings as of latest edit date:

Tournament Results

RankPlayerTotal Score
1.zaphod57865
2.TheSmileyCoder57670
3.DethbyIT56480
4.Katra55841
5.ctuna52271
6.Gu25050653
7.Mandolin50421
8.dt4250254
9.12vman46243
10.heratik10685*

* Did not finish all maps.

Please note that Emperium is expelled from this high score list due to confessed cheating; cf. http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=9133.msg63554#msg63554
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

SmileyCoder

Best of luck with your game,
TheSmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoders YouTube channel feat. tutorials on using Treeviews in Access
I might have promised fool proof, but I never promised user proof.

Katra

Did you mean to repeat Ghatanothoa in two different sizes?  ???
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Lord_Farin

Quote from: Katra on January 24, 2012, 12:13:29 PM
Did you mean to repeat Ghatanothoa in two different sizes?  ???
... No. I must have mixed up. The correct second mission is now in the main post (Azathoth Small/High). I apologise.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

DethbyIT

Good to see that "Emperium" has been eliminated for cheating (what kind of loser wants to cheat on freaking Internet game?).

Does anyone know who "zaphod" is? There is a whole roster of players who can beat me pretty handily, but I know most of their names - and some of the scores he posted are quite...um...challenging.

Emperium

Quote from: DethbyIT on February 05, 2012, 07:07:21 AM
Good to see that "Emperium" has been eliminated for cheating (what kind of loser wants to cheat on freaking Internet game?).

It was funny! kkkkkkkk

What kind of loser don't use cheat on Internet games? ??? While you played CW, I've played thousands of games. Why do I do it? Because i'm developing my own game and i'm detecting bugs and several failures of security in the games so nobody can hack my game. ;)

DethbyIT

Nice try - but it doesn't pass the smell test.

You can do all the "testing" you want - even if you want to pretend it is for detecting flaws - without posting scores in a competition or recording them on the individual game scores.

It isn't funny, it is pathetic.

SmileyCoder

I havent checked each and every map, but I just managed to post a score on "Ghatanothoa" that beats both Zaphod and Emperium, and that score is legit enough.
TheSmileyCoder

SmileyCoder

TheSmileyCoder

DethbyIT

Quote from: SmileyCoder on February 05, 2012, 03:31:41 PM
I havent checked each and every map, but I just managed to post a score on "Ghatanothoa" that beats both Zaphod and Emperium, and that score is legit enough.

Your scores are always legit - unfortunately, they are also usually better than mine.
:)
I only managed the top score on one map, which is about typical for me.
Way on the plus side, they were fun games to play.

CobraKill

Quote from: Emperium on February 05, 2012, 12:12:07 PM

It was funny! kkkkkkkk

What kind of loser don't use cheat on Internet games? ??? While you played CW, I've played thousands of games. Why do I do it? Because i'm developing my own game and i'm detecting bugs and several failures of security in the games so nobody can hack my game. ;)

What loser cheats at Internet games, is more like it.
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

Emperium

Quote from: DethbyIT on February 05, 2012, 12:30:46 PM
Nice try - but it doesn't pass the smell test.

You can do all the "testing" you want - even if you want to pretend it is for detecting flaws - without posting scores in a competition or recording them on the individual game scores.

It isn't funny, it is pathetic.

I dont detect flaws to improve this game. I detect ways to input flaws so i can protect my game to it.

In fact, the times of this five maps were not hacked, i really played it. If it was hacked, none of them would be more than 2 minutes.
But i really dont care if you considered it or not. As i said, i will only wait ebon maps and stop playing this game.

And funny was the comment, not posting scores, i really dont get what you say kkk.

zaphod

Does anyone know who "zaphod" is? There is a whole roster of players who can beat me pretty handily, but I know most of their names - and some of the scores he posted are quite...um...challenging.

Well I am quite famous actually.... this might help http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zaphod_Beeblebrox

p.s. I am currently in hiding so any reference to me being fictional is false.
One by one, the penguins take my sanity

Lord_Farin

Congratulations to zaphod. Sorry for posting the results this late; I wasn't able to do so earlier.

zaphod

Hi folks. Will post a new lot of maps tonight. I would do it now but I am at work. Gotta go
One by one, the penguins take my sanity