Not targeting creep after terraform

Started by katcha, March 19, 2018, 08:05:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

katcha

Hi I am new to Creeper world, having some fun with it, played the Arc story, wild, am trying a few tormented worlds.

Something I have noticed in the last couple of games is when you terraform land with creeper mesh on it, the white criss cross texture which conducts the creeper, the cannons dont seem to be able to target the creeper which is traveling along the mesh any more, when at first they can.

So after terraforming anything with mesh on it the creeper sweeps along the white mesh without being stopped by cannons and destroys anything on top of the mesh.

Is this a bug? :)

Karsten75

Just so we all have out terms straight, ;) The "White mesh " is pre-emergent or inactive digitalis.  Cannon have a line-of-sight (LOS) firing range, which means they can only target objects that are on the same or a lower level than they are. Mortars can target over higher terrain, on the other hand.

So if you are making terrain higher, a cannon will be unable to target the digitalis when it becomes active or creeper that flows along it.

Best suggestion is to make a pad for the cannon that is also higher.

katcha

I understand what you are saying and that is not what is happening, most recent example is I terraformed a spur which was in the way of cannon LOS so they could get a better arc of fire and then the creeper spreading along the mesh which they had previously been keeping back suddenly spread under the cannons without being fired on. There was considerable redundancy of fire power within range so it looks like it was not being fired on because it could not be targeted.

I will grab a screeny next time it happens and try to explain better.

GoodMorning

I may know what's going on:

Ah, to be clear: the Digitalis is not the same as the Creeper. When it is blue, it is "live", when white, "dead".

When you select a cannon, you can set "target priority" to "Digitalis" by means of the checkboxes in the control panel. The barrel will turn blue, and it will fire at Digitalis before Creeper. Your terraforming possibly altered the fire pattern and the Creeper flow, causing previously contained Digi to escape.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.