Problems with Fields

Started by Drachemeister, November 28, 2011, 02:59:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drachemeister

This has probably already been asked somewhere, but I didn't find it...

I'm currently having problems with fields (mostly very large ones with actions associated) randomly producing creeper/anti-creeper.  I have tried numerous things to try stopping it, but nothing helps.  The smaller fields sometimes do the same thing, but it's very rare.  I've never had this problem when playing seed (code) maps or the story/bonus maps.  Only on Custom Maps.  Can anybody offer any advice on this matter?

Thanks in advance,
Drachemeister

Grauniad

This is a result of compressing huge densities of creeper/anti-creeper past the "event horizon" for inversion.  Creeper and anti-creeper densities cannot exceed 2 147 483 648. If it does, it "flips" over (inverts) into creeper of the opposite type.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Fisherck

Quote from: Grauniad on November 28, 2011, 03:37:36 PM
This is a result of compressing huge densities of creeper/anti-creeper past the "event horizon" for inversion.  Creeper and anti-creeper densities cannot exceed 2 147 483 648. If it does, it "flips" over (inverts) into creeper of the opposite type.

And this will only be possible (I believe) when using level 4 fields. So if this is becoming too problematic, you can always use a lower field.
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Kithros

Quote from: Fisherck on November 28, 2011, 07:35:37 PM
Quote from: Grauniad on November 28, 2011, 03:37:36 PM

And this will only be possible (I believe) when using level 4 fields. So if this is becoming too problematic, you can always use a lower field.

Well, it technically can happen with lower level fields - but only if there are extreme densities in a much bigger area. There was one map where I got it to overflow just using repulsors - but that was with a 2147M density entombed creeper cell (just below the maximum).