Editing Maker Pool

Started by Evil_Jim123, October 04, 2011, 07:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evil_Jim123

Is there some way that you can edit the amount of AC that a Maker can hold. I've seen it vary across a few maps, from 7.5M to 30M. (I'm guessing M stands for Million). I'm making a map where it would be helpful if I could increase the amount of AC that any given maker could hold.

Great game, love it to bits!

Ranakastrasz

Range upgrade increases the amount of anti-creeper the maker holds.

Evil_Jim123

Ahh thanks for that. I wonder if it might be an idea to add a section in the map editor that lets designers pick upgrades to give the player when they start.

Michionlion

Quote from: Evil_Jim123 on October 04, 2011, 07:53:28 AM
Ahh thanks for that. I wonder if it might be an idea to add a section in the map editor that lets designers pick upgrades to give the player when they start.

You can actually play it and edit the values through upgrading, then save and put it into the map editor, destroy any buildings you made, and the creeper, and Viola! Upgrades!
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

UpperKEES

Quote from: Michionlion on October 05, 2011, 12:53:12 PM
You can actually play it and edit the values through upgrading, then save and put it into the map editor, destroy any buildings you made, and the creeper, and Viola! Upgrades!

Yep. Easiest way to do this is assign the needed amount of technytes as a starting value for the map. Pause the map right at the start in the game, select the desired upgrades. Save the map (still at 0:00 playing time), open it again in the editor and remove the initial supply of technytes.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

Michionlion

Oh... Oh yeah, that's how you do it... Totally forgot.  Was thinking of somehow making a farm or something...  Man, am I getting old already?
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Evil_Jim123

I never would have thought of that  :D thanks so much!