Area Denial achievement was not given.

Started by invaderhive, June 04, 2015, 04:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

invaderhive

I was going for the area denial achievement. It turns out though that despite not building a single sniper, making it impossible to destroy a glider, I did not get the achievement. I did not destroy a single glider factory either. That map took a long time to do and I am not happy about it.

Michionlion

It appears that the achievement is possible, however, as 1.7% of players on the steam version have completed it.  That isn't an insignificant number.  (http://steamcommunity.com/stats/280220/achievements)
"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

invaderhive

How come I did not get the achievement then? I did not even build a single sniper.

J

Did a glider destroy one of your units? That might have made you fail it. (does a self-destructing glider still count as destroyed glider?)

invaderhive

A glider did destroy a unit. I wish the achievement would also say to not lose any units to gliders if that is the case then.

Asbestos

If the achievement was to not allow any units destroyed by gliders, then you could build as many snipers as you wanted and the achievement would be too easy. When a glider kills one of your buildings, it also destroys itself, rendering the achievement void.

invaderhive

I said to also include that text to make the achievement more clear. It is annoying when you grind through all of the creeper only to find out that you also can not loose a single unit to gliders. 

Grayzzur

I think the point he's making is that if you lose a unit to a glider, the glider is also being destroyed. The opening text for the mission even points it out. Seems pretty clear to me.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

stoey

I officially announce that you, invaderhive, have willfully and rightfully gained the prestige of the Area Denial Achievement... with merits.  To commemorate this honor I bestow on to you this trophy of greatness.     8)

///////////\\\\\\\\\\
|| Area             ||
|| Denial           ||
|| Achievement ||
||  Trophy         ||
||                      ||
\\\\\\\\\\\//////////
           ||
           ||
           || 
           ||
           ||