Arca window won't close

Started by cvenomz, January 06, 2015, 02:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvenomz

On the planet Acra I am presented a window, however I am unable to select any option to close the window.  The window cannot be closed.

Please note that this topic contains spoilers for the plot on Acra

Note the window:
Spoiler
[close]

Clicking any of the buttons on the window closes it for a split second, before re-presenting the window again.  It is possible to continue by manually unpausing the game, however, the window still cannot be removed.

Note the dialogue, but that the window persists
Spoiler
[close]

Note the spore tower--gameplay has continued, but the original window cannot be removed.
Spoiler
[close]

I have tried saving and reloading, as well as restarting the mission, yet none of these attempts resolve the problem.
This large obstruction makes this level particularly difficult to play.  How can this be fixed so the window will behave as intended?

knucracker

Try this:
- Restart the game
- Don't do anything other than hit 4x to speed up the game.
- Let the game run till a dialog pops up.  Press "skip all".

After this you should get the choice box.  Choose one of the sides, then see if everything is ok.

I suspect something along the lines of a save/load issue or some interaction with the game being paused, etc. is causing your problem.  Note that when you restart the game you should do it from the planetary view.

cvenomz

Thanks Virgil, that did the trick.  The key was restarting from the planetary view.

Thanks for your help!   :)