Custom Map: Bored To Death

Started by AutoPost, July 15, 2010, 02:42:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

F0R

UpperKEES

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 15, 2010, 10:01:07 AM
Good point about that Map Making Guide. I remember now you mention it; it was really useful to new map makers (good considerations). It seems it was first moved and then deleted. ??? :( Virgil?

Virgil told me it was unfortunately deleted by accident, probably at the same moment the first 'Unapproved Map Discussion' was deleted. :(

Quote from: peter on July 15, 2010, 06:36:13 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA  I looked, I saw, I ran away so fast I broke the sound barrier.

I don't know what makes me laugh more, that you made this map, or you spending all that time testing it then setting the score!  Either it has been raining there all day, or there was something unexpected in that breakfast you ate today at that café.

I came up with the idea just a couple of days ago after a look at the toplist thread. I wanted to create a very long lasting map without the extensive use of decaying walls. Testing took me indeed longer than I expected, but it was also a lot of fun. I just skipped a night to have enough time.... :P Thanks to the people in chat for keeping me awake!

Quote from: SPIFFEN on July 15, 2010, 10:47:34 PM
Seems to be alot of waiting here , just waiting for the death =P

Yeah, you sometimes have to wait a while and be patient before you can advance, just like in normal life.

Quote from: SPIFFEN on July 15, 2010, 10:47:34 PM
This is for sure the badest map ever made with all that work behind it =P
I awarded you with 1 *

Thanks Spiff! :) The funny thing is that I often get 1 star for my other maps from somebody who apparently doesn't like me (hard to be friends with everybody I guess). This time I probably got 5 stars from this same person! ;D Maybe I should ask Virgil for the IP address of this person....

Quote from: F0R on July 16, 2010, 01:44:21 AM
but good graphics =)

Thanks. I wanted to make at least 1 thing good about this map. ;) The image is also rather applicable. I got the idea from Spiffen's face and thought it would be nice to show myself on one of my maps.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

SPIFFEN

Oh my Face map need more attation , so i'll add an link to it here =)
I hope thats okey with you .
http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/mapcomments.php?id=2491&page=
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

UpperKEES

Quote from: SPIFFEN on July 16, 2010, 12:08:18 PM
Oh my Face map need more attation , so i'll add an link to it here =)
I hope thats okey with you .

Sure, we're here to help each other, aren't we? :) I've added a link from your face to this one as well.

SPIFFEN

I hope we all are trying to help each other in some way =) , and i hope there are someone else thats thats makes some " face " map as well =)
They should also add links to simalary maps , so it's easyier to find them =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

UpperKEES

Quote from: SPIFFEN on July 16, 2010, 12:31:03 PM
They should also add links to simalary maps , so it's easyier to find them =)

You could consider creating a special thread for these kind of maps, just like the thread for geographic maps. This might stimulate more people to make a map of themselves. :)

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 17, 2010, 10:17:04 AM
This might stimulate more people to make a map of themselves. :)

I can't believe people want their face to be infected by creeper, shot by blasters, and colored green by collectors ;D

UpperKEES

Quote from: Sqaz on July 17, 2010, 10:21:26 AM
I can't believe people want their face to be infected by creeper, shot by blasters, and colored green by collectors ;D

For some people it might be an improvement! ;D

SPIFFEN

He he =)

It's an great idea , would be nice to see what maps end up like =)
But it does'nt need to be your own face =P

Edit :   i'm starting an face thread =)
How to make links

peter

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 17, 2010, 10:36:36 AM
Quote from: Sqaz on July 17, 2010, 10:21:26 AM

For some people it might be an improvement! ;D

Hey, I resemble that comment!!!

wessew

you should make a video of how you did it

cause im bored too but am too lazy to actually do it
Fish all day sleep all night

UpperKEES

Either with or without video you would still have to do it, which takes the same amount of time. The fun I get out of CW is not about the question if I'm am able to finish a map, but about how I finish a map. Figuring out the best (and sometimes only) approach is what keeps me interested. That's why I prefer maps without a straight forward solution. Like with most travels in life it's about the road you take and not about the final destination. It's along the way that you learn and when I achieve my goal I quickly look for a new one to keep me going.

SPIFFEN

Quote from: wessew on July 18, 2010, 11:34:42 PM
you should make a video of how you did it , cause im bored too but am too lazy to actually do it
You really dont want to waste your time on this map ,
you actually might be bored to death if you play it =P

First you have 7 min to make sure your safe ,
then you have atleast 2,5 hours to build the right things ,
and if you dont , you have to restart .

So do not waste your time on this map , it can take you days before you manage to post an score .
How to make links

UpperKEES

Yep, that's right! This map can only be finished by a few people in the entire galaxy and I even recommend them not to give it a try. Just leave me alone with my score! :P

Sqaz

Quote from: UpperKEES on July 19, 2010, 09:56:13 AM
Yep, that's right! This map can only be finished by a few people in the entire galaxy and I even recommend them not to give it a try. Just leave me alone with my score! :P

Yes, leave him alone, it's not worth it, it's only a matter of seconds between you finishing and the time limit.

And Kees his best hint was: Pauze a lot ;)