Custom Map #7612: InkCSM-5. By: yum234

Started by AutoPost, July 27, 2019, 12:34:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Regallion

Quote from: Builder17 on July 29, 2019, 01:25:07 PM
Quote from: Regallion on July 29, 2019, 12:34:35 PM
This will be fixed in the next template. The cause is that the units required for victory (shield keys, tech artifacts, INHIBITORS) DO NOT RETURN THAT THEY ARE REQUIRED FOR VICTORY.That's fantastic.

Would DestroyAllEnemyUnits https://knucklecracker.com/wiki/doku.php?id=crpl:docs:destroyallenemyunits

Work with inhibitors?  I guess other two should return it, yeah.
Quite literally: try this code.

ShowTraceLog
ClearTraceLog
CurrentCoords 500 1  GetAllUnitsInRange
    0 do
        ->ProcessedUnit
        <-ProcessedUnit GetUnitType ->Type
        <-Type "SHIELDKEY" eq  <-Type "TECHARTIFACT" eq or <-Type "MESSAGEARTIFACT" eq or <-Type "INHIBITOR" eq or <-Type "SPORETOWER" eq or <-Type "AETOWER" eq or <-Type "RUNNERNEST" eq or if
           <-Type <-ProcessedUnit CONST_COUNTSFORVICTORY GetUnitAttribute Trace2
        endif
    loop
See what it traces.

https://i.imgur.com/m8aK5st.png

Builder17

Thanks, useful to know this if I ever want to destroy everything that COUNTSFORVICTORY. :)

toolforger

I neutralized the last emitter with a Defuser. Maybe that's why my game does not claim victory despite fireworks? Spore tower stopped firing as well.

yum-forum

can you, please, attach saved game file here?
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Regallion

Quote from: toolforger on August 05, 2019, 03:21:30 AM
I neutralized the last emitter with a Defuser. Maybe that's why my game does not claim victory despite fireworks? Spore tower stopped firing as well.
100% you missed a pickup. The defuser simply does <-Unit 0 Destroy so it can't be the issue.(The fireworks in this map are bugged and do not recognize remaining pickups as per above posts)

marvinitfox

Quote from: RrR on July 29, 2019, 03:09:32 AM
When you destroy/convert the last emitter, fireworks go off. This makes it tricky to spot any remaining artefacts that need to picked up.

I've had a couple of the recent csm-style maps give me fireworks, but not actual victory, despite all pickupables having been acquired.

And, this map also has funked up victory conditions.

12 minutes top basically conquer the whole map, aside from those two elevated emitters.
another 15 minutes solving them.
Apparently, even using singularity and piling >>1000 levels of anticreep over then while they are disables is not enough.
That plus defuser seems to work though.

Then, still no victory.
Fireworks.. that mean I won, right?

no.

Made sure all emitters are converted... done
Made sure all unit pickups are collected... done
In desperation terraformed the entire map to same level.. no effect.

Eventually got victory by sending my command to space, then returing it. Instant it touched down, victory appeared.

Regallion

Saves!
I have a few hunches as to what may be causing this behavior but i need saves!

Riskbreaker

went to get a save, but the map was gone :P

Builder17

Quote from: Riskbreaker on August 07, 2019, 04:16:38 PM
went to get a save, but the map was gone :P

Gone from Colonial Space? Try clicking Clear button next to Apply filters to get all maps visible again.

Riskbreaker

i did, used clear button and searched by Start with #7612

inkcsm-4 showed up, not 5

also tried searching by author, it included 6 and 7, still no 5

edit. well, he did say there was a mistake, maybe he removed it to fix things.

yum-forum

last

yum-forum

last